Deadline: December 15, 2017
Nominate an outstanding young person for the Young European of the Year 2018! Every year, the Schwarzkopf Foundation Young Europe awards one outstanding young person with the title of “Young European of the Year”. Since 1971 the Schwarzkopf Foundation works to involve young people in politics and spark enthusiasm for European integration.
The award for the “Young European of the Year” is given to young Europeans who have distinguished themselves in an exemplary manner concerning their honorary commitment and dedication in the support of international understanding and/or the integration of Europe. This young person needs to be able to present that they have launched their own initiatives, has exercised responsibility, and thus can prove that they are prepared to make an effort in forging peaceful coexistence in a diverse Europe. With the award, the foundation wants to encourage and motivate these young people to continue to live by their ideals.
The sum of the prize is € 5.000. This amount is intended to finance a half-year internship at the office of a Member of the European Parliament or at another European institution.
It is also possible to use the grant to finance a project which promotes European integration. Such a project has to follow the aims of the Schwarzkopf Foundation Young Europe and needs the approval of the Foundation’s board in order to be accepted.
- The award is open to young people from Europe
- She/heThey must be between the ages of 18 and 26, i.e. in the year of receiving the award the winner should not be older than 26.
- She/he should have dedicated themselves in a volunteer capacity to foster understanding between peoples and/or European integration.
- The candidates should have achieved outstanding results and wish to actively promote their ideas in the future.
How to Nominate
- If you know a young person who fulfills these requirements, please fill out this nomination form by December 15, 2017 at 23:59 CET
- The Schwarzkopf Foundation Young Europe will contact the nominees and ask for a narration of their activities.
- For the final decision, five candidates will be invited for a personal interview to Berlin.
- The awardee will be chosen by a jury of members of the European Youth Forum, the European Commission and the Schwarzkopf Foundation Young Europe.
The Young European of the Year 2018 will be announced at the YO!Fest of the European Youth Forum (YFJ) which will be during the European Youth Event, which will take place from June 1-2, 2018 in Strasbourg, France.
For more information, visit Schwarzkopf Foundation’s Young European of the Year.