Google Europe Scholarships for Students with Disabilities 2018-2019
Deadline: December 1, 2017
Access to knowledge is Google’s passion. When it comes to higher education for promising scholars, Google doesn’t want anything to stand in the way. That’s why Google, in partnership with EmployAbility, is proud to present the Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities. The scholarship aims to help university students with a disability who are studying (will study) computer science, computer engineering, informatics or a closely related technical field at a University in Europe. Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing this scholarship.
- Recipients of the Google Scholarship for Students with Disabilities will each receive a 7,000 EUR scholarship for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Be currently enrolled at a university in Europe for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Maintain a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and a passion for Computer Science and technology
- Have a disability (deﬁned as a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider a daily function). This deﬁnition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of the applicant’s academic background, leadership skills and demonstrated passion for Computer Science.
Applicants are required to complete an online application including:
- General background information;
- Academic transcripts from current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree);
- A reference letter from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor;
- Responses to essay questions. The questions in full and some further guidance can be found here.
For more information, visit Google Europe Scholarships for Students with Disabilities.