Deadline: November 17, 2017
Applications are open for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST-ASU. The Program provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant University education. The Scholars Program embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
It aims to train a cohort of students in a 3+1+1 International Accelerated Degree Program (IADP) to contribute to societal change and transformation of the African Continent.
The Scholarship includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend);
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity;
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring;
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give-Back), and uniquely sourced internships;
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues;
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community;
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies.
- All applicants must be in one of the following programs of study: Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Human Resource Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management;
- Applicants must be in their third year of study;
- Applicants must have a minimum CWA of Second Class Upper Division;
- Applicant must have no Outstanding Trails;
- Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs;
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s);
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority;
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community
- Download a copy of the application form. Applications close at 17:00 GMT, November 17, 2017
- Submit the completed application form by hand to:
The Program Manager,
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST,
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
Private Mail Bag
Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the KNUST Secretariat of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the Office of the Dean of Students. Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
For more information, visit Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST-ASU.