Deadline: January 16, 2018
Are you keen to kickstart your international career? The Prince Albert Fund might be just the challenge you need. Essentially, it’s your chance to manage a one-year business project for a Belgian company outside Europe, giving you invaluable business and inter-cultural experience, as well as accelerating your international career as a member of a select network of the Fund’s alumni.
A Prince Albert Fund Grant is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. About 20 candidates are selected per year, all of them outstanding individuals. Once you’re selected as a candidate, you’ll receive a number of training and coaching sessions. You will be able to choose your own project and destination at this stage, either an opportunity from one of the candidate companies, or from your own contacts.
For three decades, the Prince Albert Fund has helped young Belgian professionals develop an international career by giving them opportunity to manage a 12-month business project for a Belgian company outside Europe. This very selective entrepreneurial international experience has contributed to the careers of hundreds young people, who since have achieved senior leadership positions as entrepreneurs or in international business. In this way, the Fund has succeeded in its aim to drive talent that will make a difference to society in general.
- A tax-free compensation of €25,000 is granted by the Prince Albert Fund (the company will pay for your housing, flights and mission related expenses).
The candidate who can apply:
- Is Belgian or is a EU citizen with a clear link with Belgium;
- Holds a master’s degree and has a strong interest for working in a business environment;
- Is fluent in English. Any additional language skills beyond the mother tongue is a plus;
- Has at least 2 to 3 years of professional experience (real professional experience, they value that you scooped ice-cream in the summer but this does not count, internships need to be of minimum 3 months to count);
- Is 30 years old or younger (at the date of the Jury);
- Is mature, motivated and eager to learn and to discover new cultures;
- Is open-minded and has an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Jury’s selection is based on the following criteria:
- Strong track record of excellence, drive and resilience;
- Overall presence, ability to convince;
- Social attitude: open minded, flexible, team player;
- Maturity, ability to adapt to a different culture;
- Motivation for participating in the Prince Albert Fund and expected impact on career;
- Potential to contribute to society in general.
- Go to the King Baudouin Foundation’s online application and register.
- When you have the application form onscreen, make sure the title is: “My application form: Prince Albert Fund” (if not, you’ll have to go back and start again);
- Start completing the form. You may also download your application form in order to fill it in the test version offline before submitting your final application online. Please find the offline version of the application form so you can have a look at the questions;
- Test the application. After you’ve completed the first page try ‘Save Provisionally’ at the bottom of the page. If this doesn’t work restart your browser and start the process again. If you have further problems, call the KBF contact centre at +32 (0)2 500 45 55 or send mail to [email protected].
- Remember: You can always save your unfinished application form provisionally and complete it before the deadline of January 16, 2018, at midnight
- November 10, 2017: Applications open
- January 16, 2018: Applications close at midnight
- March 6, 2018: Candidates receive feedback on whether or not they are invited to the interview
- March 16, 2018: Interviews of the invited candidates at King Baudouin Foundation offices in Brussels;
- April 20-21, 2018 and May 18, 2018: 3 full days of training for selected candidates and company presentations
Do remember, if you are selected you will need to start your project between June 1, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
For more information, see FAQ or visit Prince Albert Fund for Young Professionals.