AKFC’s International Youth Fellowship Program 2018-19 for Canadians (Funded)
Deadline: February 1, 2018
Applications are open for the 2018-19 cycle of the AKFC’s International Youth Fellowship Program. The International Youth Fellowship Program builds the skills of young Canadians and supports the work of AKFC’s partner organizations overseas. Participants can apply for one of three streams that best matches their backgrounds and interests:
- International Development Management (IDM): Fellows benefit from placements in a variety of organizations, working in fields such as health, education, rural development, and civil society strengthening. Placements include positions in research, project management, communications, and monitoring and evaluation.
- International Microfinance and Microenterprise (IMM): Fellows gain experience with an organization involved in microfinance or market development, to develop skills in the day-to-day operations and evaluation of these programs.
- Young Professionals in Media (YPM): Fellows work as journalists for Nation Media Group, a leading media outlet in East Africa. With opportunities to report in print, broadcast, and digital media, Fellows gain the skills to work effectively in today’s global media environment.
Aga Khan Foundation Canada is a non-profit international development agency, working in Asia and Africa to find sustainable solutions to the coplex problems causing global poverty. AKFC concentrates on a small number of specific development challenges in health, education, rural development and civil society. In Canada, AKFC raises funds, builds partnerships with Canadian Institutions, and promotes discussions and learning on international development issues.
AKFC covers the major costs associated with the Fellowship, such as travel and living expenses. Fellows are required to make a one time contribution of $1,000 towards the costs of their Fellowship.
Applicants for the International Youth Fellowship Program must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- Be 30 years of age or younger at the time of the application deadline;
- Be able to demonstrate a strong interest in the field of international development and their chosen Fellowship stream;
- Hold at minimum an undergraduate university degree.
- The application process has a total of 4 steps. You can begin here.
- Please note that your application can be saved and completed over multiple sessions as long as it is submitted no later than February 1, 2018 at 11:59 PST.
For more information, visit AKFC’s International Youth Fellowship Program.