Women Deliver Diabetes in Pregnancy Photo Contest 2018
Deadline: January 17, 2018
Women Deliver is inviting photo entries for their Diabetes in Pregnancy Photo Contest 2018. Together with the World Diabetes Foundation, Women Deliver seeks to elevate the issue of gestational diabetes. Diabetes triggered by pregnancy affects 1 in 7 births — and the vast majority of women affected live in low-and middle-income countries. Women with unmanaged diabetes in pregnancy run a higher risk of having infants with excessive birth weight, or macrosomia, which can lead to complications such as obstructed labor and an increased risk for maternal and newborn death and disabilities.
Women Deliver seeks entries that tell the story of someone who has experienced diabetes during pregnancy in some capacity. Examples include a woman who has, or has had, diabetes during her pregnancy; health workers who work with women diagnosed with gestational diabetes; spouses of women who have experienced diabetes during pregnancy; or children whose mothers have experienced gestational diabetes.
15 prizes will be awarded, as follows:
- Grand Prizes: $1,000 awarded to three photographers — Women Deliver will choose one photo from each country (China, India, and Nigeria)
- Honorable Mentions: 12 photographers will receive $250 — Women Deliver will choose 4 photos per country (China, India, and Nigeria) submission
- Online Features: Women Deliver will select photos for highlight on its website, on social media channels, or display in a publicly accessible contest archive; such selections will be made at Women Deliver’s sole discretion.
- The Photo Contest is open to all photographers who are 18 years old or older. Women Deliver will determine winners’ eligibility in its sole discretion.
- All photos entered must highlight subjects, scenes, etc., from one of the following three countries:
The following submissions are ineligible:
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright and photographs of persons without the necessary consent required by law in your jurisdiction. The Nature Conservancy reserves the right to require entrants to submit evidence of the subject’s legal consent to be photographed for the submitted photograph, which may include a signed waiver from the subject.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Images that involve putting any individual in danger.
- Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, and responsiveness to the prompt.
- Submit photographs and requested information online here. You may submit no more than 10 photographs in total;
- In order to be displayed in Women Deliver’s online gallery without being stretched or distorted, photographs must be submitted in .jpeg, .jpg or .gif format, edited for web, at least 2,000 pixels wide and no larger than 10 MB.
All entries must be received by 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time on January 17, 2018.