Westerwelle Young Founders Programme 2018 in Berlin, Germany (Fully-funded)
Deadline: December 18, 2017
Applications are now open for the Spring 2018 Westerwelle Young Founders Programme. This is a fully funded year-long programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. As part of the programme, the Westerwelle Foundation hosts an annual conference in Berlin: the Young Founders Conference. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and with the German startup scene.
The participants of the Young Founders Conference will have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision makers. They will also join a network of like-minded outstanding young founders from developing and emerging economies.
The Westerwelle Foundation for International Understanding supports collaboration that transcends borders: between young entrepreneurs, executives and decision makers from around the world. The Foundation globally connects people and ideas and creates spaces for interaction and innovation.
Timeline of the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme
- 10 – 14 April 2018: Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany
- April 2018 – March 2019: Personal mentoring, peer mentoring (remotely)
Travel and accommodation for the Young Founders Conference will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation. All fellows are expected to actively participate in the Young Founders Conference as well as in the scheduled mentoring calls.
During the year-long programme, all fellows will get access to:
- The Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany; 10 – 14 April 2018
- A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders
- Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences
- An international alumni network
The Westerwelle Foundation will cover the costs of your flight, accommodation and food during the Young Founders Conference in Berlin, 10 – 14 April 2018. Additional costs for health travel insurance, visa and personal expenses have to be borne by the participants.
Activities during the year such as mentoring via Skype and other online coaching activities are free of charge. On top of this, there is the possibility of applying for further scholarships awarded by the Westerwelle Foundation to attend entrepreneurship conferences worldwide.
- Have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model
- Be based in a developing or emerging country or have a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies
- Although there is no fixed age limit, the entrepreneurs are typically between 20 and 35 years old.
- Possess a good working knowledge of English
Please note that foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany, and valid travel medical insurance.
- Complete the online application here.
- Do you know an outstanding entrepreneur whom you would like to nominate for the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme? Please nominate them here.
- Online application (Deadline: 18 December 2017, 10 AM CET)
- Notification of application status to all candidates (10 January 2018)
- Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates (11 January – 9 February 2018)
- Jury decision and final selection of candidates (14 February 2018)
- Notification of application results to shortlisted candidates (15 February 2018)
For more information, visit Westerwelle Young Founders Programme.