Advancing Young Women Professional Fellows Program 2018 (fully-funded)
Deadline: December 8, 2017
The U.S. Department of States is currently recruiting young professionals for the Advancing Young Women Professional Fellows Program. The goal of the Fellows Program is to build fellows’ capacity and skills in agro-entrepreneurship and agri-food system innovation and for them to learn about issues of women’s economic empowerment. Kenyan, Tanzanian and Ugandan fellows will develop their leadership capacity and professional skills through a fully funded four-week fellowship program in the United States.
The four-week U.S. program will include a professional internship with Michigan organizations focused on agriculture, innovation, agro-entrepreneurship, and women’s empowerment and additional seminars and trainings with professionals from Michigan State University and throughout the state of Michigan. The Advancing Young Women Professional Fellows Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Professional Fellows Division and administered by Michigan State University.
Open to young Tanzanian, Kenyan, and Ugandan professionals from diverse backgrounds in private, public, non-governmental, and education sectors who are either women agribusiness entrepreneurs or individuals working to increase women’s economic engagement in the agricultural sector.
- 25-40 years old
- A citizen, national, or permanent resident of Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda
- Is living and working in Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda at the time of the application
- Speaks fluent English
- Has at least 2 years of professional/working experience in their field
- Has demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills and a commitment to community
- Has employer’s support for participating in the program (for those not self-employed). For those self-employed, has recommendation from local authorities at the district, county, and/or community levels
- Is interested in participating in a reciprocal program for American participants coming to your country
- Preference will be given to those who are in an earlier state of their careers
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously had the opportunity to travel to the US
Complete the online application here.
For more information, visit Advancing Young Women Professional Fellows Program.