Deadline: Rolling Basis
Smart Lab is seeking to hire a Lab Manager for a full-time position at their office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. They are looking for someone passionate about contributing to the Tanzanian and African entrepreneurial, and tech ecosystem.
Smart Lab is soon to launch an innovation lab and accelerator driving the growth of Africa’s next generation of innovative products and services. They connect entrepreneurs and product builders with their innovative talent, world-class clients and program partners to take extraordinary companies to scale.
The Smart Lab Manager will play a critical role in launching and managing Smart Lab. In your position, you will oversee all aspects of the Accelerator Program, ensuring impact growth strategies to Smart Lab companies. You will guide its operating and execution strategy, and engage in ongoing research and development to provide continuous improvement.
Position Type: Full Time/ Contract
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reporting to: Edwin Bruno, CEO, Smart Codes
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Start date: As soon as possible – applications are looked at on a rolling basis.
The Lab Manager’s tasks will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the implementation of Accelerator Program activities, which will include: leadership development, business model diagnostic, overall strategy, financial modeling, and investment readiness
- Develop an outreach strategy to attract potential participants, which includes supporting efforts to come up with creative content to engage with new audiences
- Create content for and maintain Smart Lab website
- Serve as mentor, problem solver, connector, and partner ensuring that entrepreneurs receive the highest possible level of service throughout the program
- Onboard and supervise a team of interns
- Manage applicant screening, interviewing, selection, and notification process
- Manage communications with incoming program participants
Community Engagement/Event Planning
- Serve as a key resource in planning and executing industry events to raise awareness of Smart Lab activities
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships that will enhance the Accelerator Program and add additional value to entrepreneurs and investors.
For the position of Lab Manager, they are looking for someone passionate about contributing to the Tanzanian and African entrepreneurial, and tech ecosystem, coupled with the following:
- Undergraduate degree
- Three years of work experience
- International work experience, preferably in entrepreneurship acceleration and startups, management consulting, venture capital, investment banking, and/or social entrepreneurship
- Professional working capacity in English (Swahili would be preferential)
- Resourceful self-starter and effective project manager
- Strong leadership and capability to manage teams
Exceptional candidates outside of Tanzania are welcome to apply.
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Smart Lab Manager Application”. Top candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
For more information, visit Smart Lab.