University of Delaware – Diamond Challenge for High School Entrepreneurs 2018 ($100,000 in awards)
Deadline: January 5, 2018
Entries are open for the Diamond Challenge, an innovative entrepreneurship competition for high school students offering $100,000 in awards. The Diamond Challenge provides students from around the world the opportunity to pursue their passions through entrepreneurship. It provides a unique opportunity for teens to learn about entrepreneurship while putting their ideas into action.
While many entrepreneurship programs focus on principles of small business management, the Diamond Challenge focuses on unleashing creativity, encouraging a mindset of abundance and self-determination, and promoting purposeful entrepreneurial action. The Diamond Challenge is run by Horn Entrepreneurship at the University of Delaware to empower the next generation to adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing world.
- DREAM: The Diamond Challenge provides students from around the world the opportunity to pursue their passions through entrepreneurship.
- DO: Participants are able to put their ideas in to action by utilizing the online Diamond Challenge video curriculum.
- LEARN: Participants have the opportunity to gain new perspectives and grow their network by interacting with students from around the world.
- REPEAT: All participants will learn the entrepreneurial process and get one step closer to changing the world.
- Business Concept: If the primary purpose is to solve a customer problem that by doing so will generate revenue and profit, then the business concept competition is right for you.The business concept competition focuses on the development and validation of new business models.
- Social Innovation: If the primary purpose is to solve a social problem and make a positive impact on people or the environment, then the social innovation competition is right for you.The social innovation competition focuses on the development of new, social innovation models that may include revenue-generating nonprofit organizations and mission-driven, for-profit ventures.
All semifinalist teams will receive cash prize awards and an invitation to travel to the University of Delaware to compete in the semifinal round. Top prizes include additional funding that may be used to support the team’s venture or serve as a scholarship for higher education.
Top Prize Awards
- 1st Place: A package worth over $11,000 in prizes, including semifinalist award and any travel support awarded
- 2nd Place: A package worth over $7,000 in prizes, including semifinalist award and any travel support awarded
- 3rd Place: A package worth over $3,500 in prizes, including semifinalist award and any travel support awarded
- If you want to participate, you must be a high school student typically between the ages of 14-18.
- The Diamond Challenge is a completely free competition to students all around the world.
Virtual: Based on your competition track selection, if there is not a pitch site near you, you will pitch virtually by recording a video of your team and submitting it using our online portal.
Live: Based on your competition track selection, if there is a pitch site near you, you will pitch live in front of judges.
- Written Concept: Student teams are required to submit no longer than a 5-page written concept.
- Pitch Deck: Student teams are required to submit a pitch deck.
- Pitch: Virtual participants will submit a video pitch. Live participants will present an in person pitch.
For more information, visit Diamond Challenge.