Deadline: January 1, 2018
The Global Editors Network has just launched the 7th edition of Startups for News. Startups for News is an international competition that rewards the best startups bringing novel solutions to newsroom challenges.
Each year, the Global Editors Network, in partnership with Journalism.co.uk, selects early-stage startups providing innovative products or services to media companies and accelerates their development through exposure, connections, and mentorship. The programme aims to bridge the gap between startups and newsrooms.
The programme has proven successful in identifying and promoting high-growth startups, many of which are now ubiquitous in the media industry. An international jury will select 16 startups, who will face off in online pitch battles.
- Eight (8) finalists will be invited to the GEN Summit in Lisbon, Portugal where they will get to pitch in front of 800 editors-in-chief and media executives.
- Winning startups gain exposure, connections, and mentorship
- Open to early-stage startups around the world
- Your startup must offer an innovative product or service to newsrooms.
- It must have been founded no earlier than 2014
- It must have received less than $1 million in funding
If you have any questions about the competition, please contact Catarina Falcao – cfalcao(a)globaleditorsnetwork.org-.
You can apply now here.
For more information, visit Startups for News.