Call for Professors Worldwide: Prishtina International Summer University 2018 (Funded)
Deadline: December 22, 2017
The University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina” is accepting applications for the 18th edition of Prishtina International Summer University (PISU), taking place in Kosovo from 09-20 July 2018. The aim of PISU is creation of direct links to regional and international universities as well as the advancement of the methodology of teaching and the increase of scientific research capacities. The Summer University gathers academics, professors and students from all around the world aiming thus the mutual exchange of their academic experiences and offers the possibility to learn more about Kosova.
The Prishtina International Summer University is organized in cooperation with various donors and partners. It will be offering 13 credited courses covering a wide range of study fields such as social sciences, law, economics, arts, education, medicine, engineering, linguistics, agronomics, archaeology etc.
The aim of the establishment of Summer University is to bring international students and professors together in this part of the Western Balkan region in order to allow for an exchange of their experiences and knowledge from their study fields. Prishtina Summer University also aims to establish and expand the cooperation between the University of Prishtina and international universities.
- Selected visiting professors will be paid a modest allowance 600 EUR (gross) for the whole course.
- The UP does not cover costs for (additional health, molest or travel) insurance. The UP has no obligations concerning social and/or health. Please also check the validity of your health and travel insurance for Kosovo.
- Once you have been selected as a visiting professor, PISU staff will purchase your ticket as soon as possible in order to contain the expenses made for travel reimbursements (during previous years late bookings resulted in extraordinary high prices for airfare). In case of impossibility of PISU staff to provide you with tickets, you can purchase your ticket. Any costs that are not reasonably related to travelling to the PISU directly will not be reimbursed, e.g. unnecessary long stop overs, and subsequently, high hotel costs.
- PISU staff will make housing arrangements. Visiting professors will stay in a dormitory. Accommodation costs will be covered by the organization. The organization will arrange accommodation to cover your teaching period, plus 3 days preceding and/or following your teaching period if necessary (depending on the dates of your arrival and departure).
- Three daily meals provided at the student restaurant.
- Open to University professors from all around the world
The hosting university, University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina” defines selection criteria.
- Generally speaking, course proposals matching with or adding to the course suggestions provided by the university departments (based on their priorities and needs) have a substantial chance of being accepted.
- Additionally, departments are especially interested in hosting international teaching faculty who have the intention to develop future institutionalized co-operation with the UP.
- Furthermore, if no appropriate local counterpart, i.e. co-professor can be appointed for your course, the PISU Committee may prefer to select a different course/visiting professor, even though your application material is of high quality.
- If your department wants to be part of this program, you are strongly encouraged you to complete the application form below.
- The application form should be returned to the International Relations Office, no later than 22rd of December 2017.
- Please make sure you fill out the application as completely as possible to the last detail.
- Incomplete forms and in languages other than English will not be taken into consideration.
- If you need help in completing the forms, please contact Mrs. Mirjeta Kuçi, email: email@example.com.
Download the PISU-Application_Form for academics 2018
For more information, visit Prishtina International Summer University.