Apply: Global Health Corps Fellowship 2018-2019 (140+ Paid Positions in USA and Africa)
Deadline: January 17, 2018
Attention changemakers: The Global Health Corps is seeking young leaders from all sectors & backgrounds. Are you part of the next generation of global health leaders? Apply now to join their 2018-2019 fellowship class!
The Global Health Corps is a leadership development organization focused on health equity that works to build a global community of diverse young leaders changing the face of global health. They offer a range of paid fellowship positions with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, and Zambia and the opportunity to develop as a transformative leader in the health equity movement.
Fellows work with high-impact health organizations in a yearlong paid positions. They fill critical gaps in their placement organizations as many have non-traditional health backgrounds. Throughout the year, they engage in intensive leadership development and community building, striving to embody Global Health leadership practices as they work to address health inequities across the global health field.
- Fellows receive yearlong paid placements within partner organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the US, and Zambia to address real-time capacity gaps and strengthen health systems;
- In addition to on-the-job training, fellows are engaged in a comprehensive leadership training curriculum to build effective, empathetic, and innovative leaders of tomorrow.
- Fellows receive additional logistical and financial support during the year, including:
- Monthly living stipend
- Housing, including utilities assistance
- Health or travel accident and illness insurance, depending on citizenship and placement.
- Professional development grant of $600 and completion award of $1500
- Travel coverage to and from placement site, all training, and retreats.
By the start of the fellowship, fellows must:
- Be 30 years or younger by June 25, 2017.
- Hold a bachelor or undergraduate university degree by June 25, 2017.
- Be proficient in English.
- January 15, 2018: One recommendation form due by 11:59pm EST (submitted directly by your reference)
- January 17, 2018: Application closes at 11:59pm EST
- January-February 2018: The GHC team reviews applications.
- March 2018: Applicants are notified whether they’ve been invited to a semi-finalist interview. Semi-finalists are interviewed by a GHC fellow, alumni, or staff member for alignment with GHC’s leadership practices.
- April 2018: Semi-finalists are notified whether they’ve been selected as a finalist. Finalist applications are reviewed by placement organizations, who then choose which finalists to interview
- Late April – Early June 2018: Fellowship offers are extended on a rolling basis.
- June 2018: Every year, a few searches extend into June. Some of these are filled with candidates from our waitlist of strong runners-up for other positions.
- June 24 – July 6, 2018: 2018-2019 GHC fellows attend Training Institute at Yale University.
Interested in becoming a fellow? — Start your application today!
For more information, visit Global Health Corps Fellowship.