Apply: UNIQ Programme 2018 for UK Students to Study at Oxford University
Deadline: January 31, 2018
Applications for UNIQ 2018 are now open. UNIQ is Oxford University’s free Spring, Summer and Digital project. The Programme began in 2010 as a summer school with the aim of raising the aspirations of students studying at UK state schools and colleges regarding their higher education choices. From 2018 UNIQ, through its range of summer schools, residential conference and digital learning platform, will help 1,900 students each year to make informed decisions about higher education and make competitive applications to Oxford.
UNIQ is open to students studying in their first year of further education and who are based at UK state schools/colleges. In all of the activities, they aim to give students a realistic view of Oxford student life. On UNIQ Spring or Summer participants live in an Oxford college/annexe and attend lectures and seminars in their chosen area, and workshops about applying to Oxford.
As a participant on any of our activities you will:
- Since UNIQ is an access programme, preference is given to applicants from low socio-economic status backgrounds and/or from areas with low progression to higher education. Therefore, an unsuccessful application to UNIQ does not reflect an applicant’s likelihood of being successful in an application for undergraduate study at the University of Oxford.
- Applications are only open to students currently in their first year of A-Levels (or equivalent) at UK* state schools/colleges/sixth forms/academies. They do not accept applications from students at private schools (including students holding scholarship places).
- UNIQ welcomes applications from disabled students and makes reasonable adjustments to facilitate their access to the summer school. Admission is based solely on the individual merits of each candidate.
- * You must be a UK resident settled in the UK at the time of applying to UNIQ with no restrictions on the period for which you may stay in the UK. You must have been resident in the UK from October 2016, and this residence should not have been wholly or mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education during any part of it.
- Academic Attainment Academic attainment at GCSE/National 5 (or equivalent) with a strong preference for A* and A/Distinction*/1 grades. We would expect 7,8,9 grades from those that have completed new GCSE’s. Please note that some courses require a specific amount of grades for you to be considered in the applicant pool.
- Acorn Do people that share your postcode own their own homes? How do people in your area spend their money?
- Polar: Do lots of young people in your area go on to university? Or do many go in to full-time work or apprenticeships?
To make an application for 2018 you will need:
- At least six GCSE/National 5 (or equivalent) grades
- A statement (max 1800 characters) detailing interest in your chosen course and motivation to attend UNIQ
- School Information (Current UK state school and a past school)
- Your current A-level (or equivalent) courses
- Contact details of a current teacher referee
For more information, visit UNIQ Programme.