Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership is hiring a Project Manager
Deadline: January 3, 2018
Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership is seeking a Project Manager to join their Policy team. This role is an opportunity for an experienced project manager and analyst to join this dynamic and fast-paced team, working with senior business leaders and European policy makers to unlock new climate change policies and support the transition to a sustainable economy. The successful candidate will support an ambitious programme of engagement between businesses and MEPs, ministers, policymakers, commissioners and academics, as well as new content and business development, and fundraising in relevant areas.
The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL)’s Policy team works across Europe and internationally to deliver influential projects seeking to answer the question: How can policy makers and leading businesses collaborate to unlock a sustainable, inclusive, zero carbon economy? The team has an excellent track record of mobilising business voices, curating cutting edge insights and securing high-level EU engagement.
Salary: £28,098 – £33,518
Vacancy reference number EN13377
Applicants must be committed to the values that underpin CISL’s work and will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Project management, including financial planning and delivering work to high quality within project budgets to develop and execute complex projects efficiently and to a consistent standard of excellence
- Ability to develop high levels of trust and credibility in relationships with senior stakeholders from business and policy backgrounds
- Strong written communication skills enabling you to deliver a logical narrative for a range of audiences
- Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and persuasive manner to a range of audiences
- Experience of managing events across a range of formats (e.g. conferences, workshops, roundtable meetings)
- Ability to work within a small multi-location team, often under time pressure, using your own initiative to manage competing priorities and colleagues in that context
- Demonstrable interest in working to secure a sustainable, inclusive, zero carbon economy
- Good analytical skills with high standard of attention to detail
- Capability to undertake research and analysis and present clear and simple summaries of your findings
- Educated to at least degree level (or equivalent)
- Willing to undertake language training where appropriate.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Experience of working closely with senior stakeholders including business leaders and policymakers
- Understanding of sustainability issues and how they affect leadership in a business context
- Understanding of how European policy is made and influenced at an EU and Member State level
- Language skills, particularly European
- Relevant degree.
The role will require travel, including regular visits to the Brussels.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact Natalie Adrien Natalie.Adrien@cisl.cam.ac.uk
To submit an application please click on the link in the ‘Apply online’ section of the advert published on the University’s Job Opportunities pages: http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/15058/ – Please quote reference EN13377 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
For more information, visit Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership.