Mary Byron Project’s Celebrating Solutions Awards 2018
Deadline: January 31, 2018
Mary Byron Project is now accepting applications for the 2018 Celebrating Solutions & Roth Awards. Mary Byron Project created the Celebrating Solutions Awards to showcase and applaud local innovations that demonstrate promise in breaking the cycle of violence. They select programs that can serve as models for the nation and offer $10,000 cash awards in recognition of their pioneering efforts.
The Celebrating Solutions Awards honor innovative programs that demonstrate promise in ending the generational cycle of domestic violence. Programs are selected that can serve as models for the nation. These are awards for accomplishments in recognition of an organization’s pioneering efforts, not grants for future projects. Nominations are judged by a panel of experts in criminal justice, health care, and public policy, and other disciplines that address domestic violence.
Approximately four organizations will each receive a $10,000 award.
- The program’s primary focus must address the issue of intimate partner violence.
- The nominated program, the agency or organization, and the core components of the program being nominated must have been operating for a minimum of three (3) years (established no later than December 31, 2013 for the 2017 award year.) The program must be in existence when the nomination is made.
- The program must be part of a non-profit 501(c) (3) or government agency.
- The program should be replicable, or if it is national in scope, the program should have applications for individual communities, regardless of their size or ethnic population.
Not Eligible for Celebrating Solutions Awards are:
- Past Celebrating Solutions Award winners.
- Organizations other than non-profit or governmental.
- Organizations operating outside the United States or a U.S. territory.
- Basic research.
There are two stages to the awards process.
- Stage one requires submission of a nomination form, program outline, and release.
- If your nomination advances to the second stage, you will be asked to provide additional information and letters of support. Do not send brochures, videos, annual reports, or any support materials for the first round of judging, as they will be discarded.
For more information, visit Mary Byron Project’s Celebrating Solutions Awards.