British Council Future News Worldwide 2018 – An Intensive Media Training in the UK (Fully-funded)
Deadline: February 28, 2018
Applications are now open for Future News Worldwide, an international conference in the heart of Scotland. Future News Worldwide is a partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations which identifies, trains and connects the next generation of global journalists.
The British Council is looking for 100 of the world’s most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training programme in the Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh, on 5 – 6 July 2018. You’ll receive exclusive coaching from the world’s leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
The prize consists of a place at the Future News Worldwide 2018 conference, and inclusion in the Future News Worldwide alumni network. This includes the following
- Travel to and from local airport to Edinburgh for the dates of the Conference
- The cost of one Standard Service visa application (if required)
- Catering on the following basis:
- Conference days: all meals
- 7 July – Breakfast only (tourism day)
- 8 July – No catering
Winners must be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 2 – 8 July 2018
Travel and accommodation will be booked by an appointed British Council contact who will determine the date, time and method of transport and the number of nights’ accommodation required. No cash or spending money will be made available to winning participants.
If you’re a student who’s passionate about journalism then they want to hear from you! Whether you’re a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2018 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements below.
The Competition is open to individuals of any nationality. To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2018 you must be:
- Aged 18-25 on 1 July 2018
- A registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution
- A native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- Not have participated in a previous iteration of Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS
- Dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- Available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 2 – 8 July 2018
PLEASE NOTE: if you are shortlisted for a place at the conference you will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student status and English language ability).
- All answers must be submitted via the online application form. If you experience any technical difficulties please contact us: [email protected].
- Important! Please ensure you read and understand the Terms and Conditions and Competition Rules here before starting your application.
For more information, visit Future News Worldwide 2018.