Deadline: January 15, 2018
Applications are open for the 2018 Atlas Corps English Teaching Fellowship in Latin America. Do you want to impact, inspire and educate in Latin America? Interested in international development and increasing social mobility? Are you ready to join a global network of inspired individuals? Apply now.
The Atlas Corps Teaching Fellowship is a Paid, Year-Long English teaching opportunity for emerging professionals in Latin America. The opportunities they offer are a collaboration between Atlas Corps and our two partners in Latin America, Heart for Change and Volunteers Colombia. Together, they work with governmental agencies in Colombia and other countries, including nationwide Ministries of Education, public schools, and local vocational training programs.
Through this partnership, their mission is to facilitate the development of a prosperous Latin America where children and youth have the opportunity to receive a high-quality bilingual education. Atlas Corps Teaching Fellows learn leadership skills in an international context while advancing English language skills in youth. The benefits of this prestigious fellowship include a living stipend, general and TEFL teacher training, ongoing professional development, and engagement in the global Atlas Corps network of over 500 leaders from 80+ countries!
Atlas Corps offers concrete professional development opportunities to our English Teaching Fellows, such as:
- A free DevEx professional development account
- Free admission (for most days) for Alumni to our Atlas Corps Scholars program in Washington, D.C.- an intensive nonprofit management training program designed and delivered by Atlas Corps and Deloitte Consulting that allows young professionals to build their skills and global network
- Participation in our professional development webinars.
- ~1,500,000 monthly COP stipend
- Two week orientation, including extensive training in pedagogy/TEFL and training on logistics related to living in Latin America (visa, identification, bank accounts, mobile phones, and more)
- Courtesy visa and ID
- Local medical insurance
- Transporation from Orientation to your placement city
- 24/7 support from Regional Coordinators and staff
- Certificate of program completion
- Bonus upon completion of the program
Participants Are Responsible For:
- $400 Program Deposit (returned upon completing Fellowship)
- International health insurance (~$300)
- Round trip ticket
- At least ONE year of teaching experience and/or TEFL certificate
- HIGH level of FLEXIBILITY and adaptability
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Clean Background Check
- Age range of applicants is 21 to 50
- English language skills, at native proficiency of C2 level equivalent.
- We require English level proof for non-native speaker in the form of test results from either Cambridge, IELTS, or TOEFL.
- Below are the qualifying scores:
- Cambridge: C2
- TOEFL: 96+
- IELTSL 7.5+
- Spanish language skills, at basic level or higher (we encourage all levels of Spanish to apply) Interest and enthusiasm for serving in an educational environment.
If you have any questions about the Fellowship, please email [email protected].
Complete the Online Application
For more information, visit Atlas Corps English Teaching Fellowship.