Deadline: Varies by Country (March – May 2018)
Are you a student with leadership potential and strong grades in Agriculture, Business, Engineering, FoodScience, International Relations or a related field? Apply now for the Cargill Global Scholars Program 2018.
The Cargill Global Scholars Program (CGSP) is a distinctive, two-year scholarship program that provides financial support to undergraduate students in Brazil, China, India, Russia, Indonesia and the United States. The CGSP offers leadership development opportunities through seminars, networking events, case study presentations, a one-on-one mentoring program facilitated by Cargill volunteers globally, and an alumni network that will help you keep connected with past, current, and future scholars.
The Cargill Global Scholars Program is more than just a traditional scholarship program. The Global Scholars is a global program that is designed to foster and enhance leadership potential, critical thinking skills, a global network for scholars to become the next generation of global leaders, decision makers, visionaries, and socially conscious innovators.
The students selected are those who demonstrate exemplary academic achievement and leadership potential and study in a field relevant to Cargill’s world of food, agriculture and risk management. They believe these students will become leaders in industries and fields that may have an impact on Cargill’s businesses in the future.
The Cargill Global Scholars Program provides financial support and leadership development opportunities to undergraduate students from around the world. Scholarships will be awarded to talented, high performing students pursuing science, technology, engineering, math, international relations and business related studies.
Each Cargill Global Scholar will:
- Receive an annual scholarship award for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded In-Country Seminar (Year 1) and Global Seminar (Year 2).
- Receive mentorship by Cargill employees to help the scholars identify short and long term academic and goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and communication by email and phone.
- Participate in a series of experiential learning modules, leadership development training, coupled with network opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars Alumni community
Cargill Global Scholars are high performing first or second year university students studying in a field that relates to Cargill’s business goals of providing innovative solutions to meet today’s economic, environmental and societal challenges.
Applicants to the Cargill Global Scholars program must:
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia or the United States.
- Attend a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
- Be a first or second year university student
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields (see each country’s guidelines)
- Are from a disadvantaged or underrepresented group within their country
- Brazil – May 20, 2018
- China – May 21, 2018
- India – March 6, 2018
- Indonesia – March 31, 2018
- Russia – April 2, 2018
- United States – March 1, 2018
Complete the online application.
For more information, visit Cargill Global Scholars Program.