AIMS Master’s Degree Program 2018 (Full Scholarship for African Students)
Deadline: March 20, 2018
Applications are now open for the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Master’s Degree Program. The AIMS Master’s degree in the mathematical sciences is a unique, innovative program providing problem-solving and computational skills as well as exposure to cutting edge fields. Apply now to join the brightest African minds in addressing global challenges.
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is an academic network that enables Africa’s brightest students to become innovators that advances scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The work-study program is an 18-month program that applies a work-integrated learning approach by combining course work with practical work experience.
- Courses taught by outstanding African and international lecturers and supported by a team of resident tutors
- Students and lecturers sharing a 24-hour learning environment
- A climate of highly interactive teaching where students are encouraged to learn together through questioning and discovery
- Emphasis on computational methods and scientific computing with 24/7 access to computer labs and the internet
- A pan-African student body including a minimum of 30% women
- AIMS graduates progressing to top advanced degree programs and careers in Africa and all over the world.
There are no course fees for successful Master’s degree applicants. Full bursaries covering tuition, accommodation, meals and travel costs are also awarded to successful applicants. http://applications.nexteinstein.org
- The AIMS Master’s program is open to all African nationals.
- Applicants should hold, or anticipate completing by the start date of the AIMS course, a 4-year university degree in mathematics, or any science or engineering subject with a significant mathematics component.
- An applicant’s record should demonstrate strong aptitude in mathematics, leadership and community service
- Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Each applicant’s dossier will be evaluated in light of prior educational opportunities available to them.
- Potential applicants must demonstrate both a high degree of motivation and the ability to complete the course successfully.
Complete the online application.
For more information, visit AIMS Master’s Degree.