Deadline: March 31, 2018
Nominations are now open for the World of Children, which provides funding and recognition to support life-changing work for children by discovering and elevating only the most effective changemakers for children worldwide. In their mission to support life-changing work for children, they seek out only the most effective changemakers for children worldwide.
The Awards recognize real-life heroes working to dramatically improve the lives of children. But that’s not all: Honorees also receive grant funds and media attention, both of which help their gold standard programs grow so that they will ultimately impact the lives of even more children.
Do you know a nonprofit leader who is running a high-impact program for the world’s most vulnerable children? Nominate them for the World of Children Award.
They give awards in five categories:
- The Health Award is for those providing services specifically in the fields of health, nutrition, medicine and pediatric sciences.
- The Humanitarian Award is specifically for those providing social and humanitarian services.
- The Education Award is specifically for those providing educational and developmental services.
- The Protection Award is specifically for those providing services and protection from fear, abuse, and exploitation (including but not limited to trafficking, slavery and sexual imposition).
- The Youth Award is specifically for a young person under the age of 21 who is making extraordinary contributions in helping other youth.
Your selection should be based on the work the nominee has done for children.
Honorees will be invited to participate in the annual Awards Ceremonies held in New York City, USA. Travel and accommodations will be arranged and paid for by World of Children.
- Nominees must have an existing nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization in good standing. The organization must be able to receive grant funds if Awarded.
- The Nominee must be the founder, co-founder, or visionary leader responsible for the organization’s success and growth. Volunteers and paid staff, including the organization’s executive director, are not qualified for an Award.
- The Nominee’s organization must be entirely focused on helping children, especially vulnerable children.
- Nominees must do this work over and above their normal employment.
- World of Children excludes any work designed to specifically advance any one religion or political position.
- Individuals nominated for the Education, Health, Humanitarian or Protection Awards must have been doing this work with their organization for a minimum of 10 years.
- The organization led by the Nominee in the categories of Education, Health, Humanitarian or Protection Awards must have been registered as a nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization for a minimum of 10 years.
- The Nominee must have full knowledge that they are being nominated.
- The Nominee must be available to participate in the annual Awards Ceremonies held in New York City, USA, if he or she is selected as an Honoree.
- Nominees can only be nominated for one Award.
- Only one individual from an organization can be nominated.
- If the Nominee is selected as a finalist, they must be willing to submit to a full investigation.
You can nominate yourself, or someone from your organization can submit a nomination on your behalf.
Requirements for Youth Award Nominees
- Youth Nominees can only be nominated for the Youth Award. They must be 21 years old or younger when submissions close on March 31, 2018 to be eligible.
- The organization led by the Nominee in the Youth Award category must have been registered as a nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization for a minimum of three years. Youth Nominees with organizations having less than a three-year history will be disqualified.
- Individuals nominated for the Youth Award must have been doing this work with their organization for a minimum of three years.
- January 8, 2018 – Nominations Open Online
- March 31, 2018 (at 11:59 pm EDT) – Nominations Close
- April – August 2018 – Review & Investigative Process
- September 2018 – Honorees Announced
- November 1, 2018 – Annual Awards Ceremony in New York City
For more information, visit World of Children Grant Award.