Schneider Electric Innovation Summit Bold Ideas Challenge 2018
Deadline: March 12, 2018
Schneider Electric is inviting students from across the world to enter the Innovation Summit Bold Ideas Challenge – coming up with sustainable and eco-friendly solutions to tackle the following topic: Imagine greener solutions to power the new digital economy! The challenge aims to imagine greener solutions to power the new digital economy.
Are you ready for…
- Buildings and data centers that are connected and self-managed in real time?
- Rapid growth in electricity demand?
- A digitized economy that increases operational efficiency for better business results?
- A world of renewable, decentralized energy, where the prosumer is king?
If so, then this challenge is for you!
Finalists will have the amazing opportunity to pitch their project in front of Schneider Electric’s top management and executives at the Schneider Electric Innovation Summit in Paris in early April, and maybe see their solutions developed in the near future. Also, the first team will be rewarded with… So, #WhatsYourBoldIdea?
Choose the theme you want to tackle Bear in mind that your project will need to focus on large buildings such as commercial offices, schools, and hospitals.
- Energy Efficiency: How could you improve the energy efficiency of these buildings?
- Power Distribution: How could you better enhance the power distribution for these buildings?
- Microgrids: How could you help these buildings generate their own energy and at the same time become a source of energy for others?
- Effective Equipment: Focusing on these buildings’ existing assets, what solutions could you suggest to save energy and optimize energy use?
Your task is to design your project based on data from large buildings and information that you find online (or elsewhere – be as creative as you like!). We recommend you focus your reading and documentation on capturing, analyzing, and correlating data from the electrical and HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning) equipment in these large buildings. This will give you the necessary insights into how these buildings operate under different conditions and what actions can be taken to improve them.
- Open to students from across the world
- xFeasibility: how feasible is it to implement the Project from a business perspective?
- Profitability: what is the return on investment of a product, system or solution implementing the Project? How much are customers ready to pay for a product, system or solution implementing the Project?
- Solution Innovation: How creative is the Project compared to currently available solutions? How is the Project disruptive compared to the other Projects and how can this be valued?
- Register and create or join a team of 2 to 5 students.
- Present your project in a 10-slide presentation in PPT/PDF format using this template along with a mockup, a video, a prototype or any other document that can illustrate your project!
- Submit all your documents before March 12th, 2018 11.59PM (CET).
For more information, visit Innovation Summit Bold Ideas Challenge.