South Africa-Washington International Program 2018 (Fully-funded to Washington D.C., USA)
Deadline: February 7, 2018
Applications for 2018 South Africa-Washington International Program (SAWIP) are now open. The SAWIP inspires, develops and supports a diverse new generation of young South African leaders who have a history of serving others with humility and integrity and ambition to be active citizens and servant leaders. SAWIP is inspiring, developing and supporting young South Africans for ethical, servant leadership.
Through a richly varied program of service activities and hands-on leadership opportunities as well as skills development, these emerging leaders establish a trust based on shared experience with their team that transcends racial, socio-economic, religious and other boundaries.
SAWIP recruits emerging leaders across all disciplines and differences in South Africa from the universities of Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Stellenbosch and the Western Cape. The selected 20 team members participate in a demanding seven-month development experience which includes community engagement and six-weeks of global and work exposure in Washington, DC.
- Leadership Development: A six month leadership curriculum both in South Africa and Washington, DC, supplemented by ongoing alumni opportunities.
- Community Engagement: A core element of SAWIP, expressed through individual and team projects, both in South Africa and Washington DC.
- Professional Exposure: Professional experience provided through six week exposure in prestigious environments in Washington, DC
- May be from any academic discipline
- Must be South African citizens or permanent residents
- Must be in their second year (or beyond) of university
- Must be prepared for a high demand programme
- Must be available to participate in the international component of the program from 16 June to 29 July 2018
- Must be between the age of 19 – 25 years
- Must be currently studying at the University of Cape Town, the University of Johannesburg, the University of Stellenbosch, the University of Pretoria or the University of the Western Cape
- Must have a record of community engagement and leadership, with a strong service ethic
- Should envisage themselves as future leaders in South Africa
Apply now for the SAWIP 2018 Team. Develop and grow as a Servant Leader.
Read the SAWIP Application Instructions 2018
Complete the application form here.
For more information, visit South Africa-Washington International Program.