Deadline: February 15, 2018
The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2018/2019 is now open. The Honourable Minister of Education (HME) in Nigeria invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award for undergraduate and postgraduate studies abroad.
The BEA Scholarship is for
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c
Fields of Study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc;
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2016 & 2017).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- All applicants for Undergraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with at least 2 nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. and only:
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Languare course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarships must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu before 15th February, 2018.
- Complete the application form online
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to the general application.
Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport; and
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals. iv) Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
Venue of Interview
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June for Undergraduate applicants;
- Two copies of Birth Certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) coloured passport sized photographs on white background; and
- Postgraduate applicatns will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Excemption certificates only.
Date and Venue
Interviews will take place February 19th to 23rd 2018.
- North-West – Federal Polytechnic, Kebbi
- North-East – Govt Girls’ Sec. Sch. Damaturu
- North-Central – FGBC, Apo FCT
- South-West – FSTC Yaba Lagos
- South-South – BDGS Bayelsa, Yenogoa
- South-East – FGGC, Owerri, Imo
- Read Guidelines
- Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form d. Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled above
For more information, visit BEA Scholarship Award.