2018 CoELIB Incubar Program for Startups in the Livestock sector
Deadline: February 28, 2018
Are you 35 years and below? Do you have a zeal for Livestock Innovations? Do you have a young business or a business idea along the Livestock Value Chain? Well, CoELIB Incuber is looking for you.
This call targets the livestock sector. If you are a startup or an existing business interested in innovations in the livestock sector and would like to follow your passion in a business enabling environment, apply for a spot at CoELIB Incubar. CoELIB Incubar provides physical space, including meeting rooms, shared reception, parking, training rooms, kitchen, boardrooms, and hot-desking.
CoELIB stands for the Centre of Excellence in Livestock Innovation and Business and has its origins in an initiative that focused on strengthening capacity for participatory management of indigenous livestock to encourage agricultural innovation and business in Eastern, Southern and Western Africa.
The desired end-state from the perspective of CoELIB Incubar is a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem that empowers, provides economic opportunities and develops skills. The reason for the existence of CoELIB Incubar is to rigorously facilitate the growth of ventures into profitable entities through provision of a business enabling environment.
They are inviting innovative, self-driven entrepreneurs to join them. Their call for applications is usually sector specific.
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods – (livestock value chain inspired)
- Livestock products
- Agribusiness innovations
- ICT innovations in livestock
- Innovations in food security
What will CoELIB Offer?
- Advisory & Skills development
- IP management and legal advisory
- Business and technical advisory and mentorship
- Business case development
- Business and technical training
- Market and industry reports
- Soft-landing opportunities through introductions to public and private sectors
- Assistance with market analysis
- Industry/sector specific networking events
- Networking opportunities
- Office space
- Manufacturing and laboratory set-up space
- Hot-desking space
- Free high speed internet
In a nutshell CoELIB Incubar:
- Creates access for clients to facilities (laboratories, office and learning) and think tanks (for business information; technology; innovation; markets and entrepreneurship).
- Creates linkages for clients to access finances, ideas, risk insurance, loans and markets.
- Incubates business ideas and innovations for clients through direct contact with clients and non-clients (nationally and in the region) on the virtual interface.
- Provides business start-up advice, mentorship and guidance.
Entrepreneurs interested in participating in the CoELIB Program must:
- Have a business idea that will disrupt or have an impact along the Livestock Value Chain
- Have a business that has been operational for a period of less than 2 years that has disrupted or has an impact along the Livestock Value Chain.
- Be 35 years of age and below.
Complete the online application.
For more information, visit CoELIB Incubar.