Call for Proposals: UNDP/GEF SGP Barbados Knowledge Fair 2018
Deadline: February 12, 2018
The Global Environment Facility Small Grants Programme (GEF SGP), implemented by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Barbados is pleased to announce a Call for Proposals for the 2018 Knowledge Fair. The GEF SGP provides financial and technical support to projects that conserve and restore the environment while enhancing people’s well-being and livelihoods.
The Knowledge Fair aims to meet the capacity building objective of the programme and promote the strengthening of partnerships among stakeholders like civil society organisations, government & local authorities, the business community, and the general public.
- The funding for the Knowledge Fair should fall within the SGP global and country programme guidelines. It is advisable that the grants do not exceed US$50,000.
- A detailed budget breakdown should be provided by the proponent including all estimated costs for organizing the Knowledge Fair, including venue, travel, meals/refreshments, learning/supporting materials and equipment, resource persons etc.
- Proponents should also provide details of co-financing, both in-kind and monetary contributions. Priority approval will be for organisations that are able to provide higher co-financing from their own resources, and/or third party partners which could include other CSOs, related capacity development projects, donor agencies, academic and research institutions (i.e. for resource persons, technical support, and evaluations), as well as government agencies.
- Proponents are required to hire an events management professional to support the execution of this event.
- In-country expertise from the CSO community and from government is preferred not only for cost-saving but for their contribution towards alliance building and strengthening institutional collaboration.
- Following SGP policy and guidelines, only legally registered national or local CSOs can submit proposals although international CSOs can be their support partners. Proponents should demonstrate experience in similar or related work/projects. However, in case of capacity limitations, the selected entity could, at its own discretion, outsource some services from third parties;
- In the event the CSO decides to outsource the services, the GEF-SGP shall however not be responsible for nor enter into any correspondence, negotiations or agreements whatsoever with third parties.
Those organizations who wish to be considered to undertake this work should complete the Project Concept Form by the deadline. The Project Concept Form should be submitted via email with subject line clearly marked “GEF SGP Barbados Knowledge Fair”. A letter of interest and a brief technical and financial proposal should accompany the Project Concept form.
Selection will be a two part process: Once your Project Concept Form is selected for development, a Project Proposal will be required. The GEF SGP office will provide further details on the requirements of the Project Proposal. Upon completion the proposal will be reviewed by the National Steering Committee for final approval.
Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
The National Coordinator
GEF SGP Barbados
United Nations Development Programme
United Nations House, Marine Gardens,
Hastings, Christ Church
Tel: (246) 467-6011 Fax: (246) 429-2448
Email: [email protected]
For more information, visit UNDP/GEF SGP Knowledge Fair.