Deadline: February 28, 2018
Calling all digital entrepreneurs! MTN Solution Space opens applications for 2018 Venture Incubation Programme. The Venture Incubation Programme is designed to provide a supportive ecosystem to help startups build viable and scalable innovation-driven companies. They are looking for startups that are either building a sustainable Africa through digital solutions for health, education, agriculture, fintech, energy and IoT, or enabling businesses through digital solutions for religion, sport, news and e-commerce.
The Venture Incubation Programme (VIP) is designed to provide a supportive ecosystem to help startups build viable and scalable innovation-driven companies. Startups have access to a range of resources including co-working space, practical learning clinics, mentors, weekly check-ins and staff advisors, and a community of peers who learn and grow together.
The VIP offers startups several key advantages. They’re located in the heart of the V&A Waterfront, where startups are on the doorstep of Africa’s fastest growing tech hub. They offer proof-of-concept (POC) collaboration opportunities with our industry partner MTN Group and a pool of early-stage investors.
- Sport and news
The programme offers startups the following benefits:
- MTN Industry Partnership – access to MTN APIs, MTN Service Delivery Platform, MTN technical experts and mentors.
- Feedback & Guidance – valuable feedback and guidance from our Entrepreneur-in-Residence and network of experienced mentors and industry partners.
- Entrepreneurship Skills – workshops and clinics were startups learn founder fundamentals and core skills focused on moving the business forward. Startups apply what they learn through practical outcomes from each session.
- Co-working & Community – a vibrant community of entrepreneurs and offer a calendar of regular events designed to increase a startup’s knowledge and expand their network.
- Advisory Services – access to pro-bono partners and a network of consultants to support with specialist expertise.
- Digital Startups: For the current program at the Solution Space Waterfront, organisation is looking for startups that are developing digital solutions across health, education, agriculture, fintech, energy IoT, religion, sport, news and e-commerce.
- Prototype/MVP: Most of the startups enter with some sort of business case, early version of a product and a couple of team members. They have a working prototype with a minimum feature set ready to conduct early-market testing to further establish product and market fit.
- Team Of 2+: Organisation is not looking for single founders, but teams of at least two with the right balance of skills and ability to build, test and deliver.
- Opportunity & Traction: The initial concept development demonstrates deep and intimate understanding of the problem and market need or opportunity.
Candidates must submit an online application.
For more information, visit MTN Venture Incubation Programme.