Visa For Music 2018 for artists from Africa & Middle East to attend Music Meeting in Morocco
Deadline: April 15, 2018
The call for applications for participation in showcases is open. Visa For Music (VFM) invites applications artists to apply for the music meeting in Rabat, Morocco, from 21 to 24 November 2018. Selected applicants will perform in front of industry professionals from all over the world.
- For selected artists, Visa For Music will bear the following expenses for 6 persons at the most:
- Hotel expenses in twin rooms for two nights maximum (including breakfast) for international bands and twin rooms for one night maximum (including breakfast) for national bands living in 300km away from Rabat.
- A fee of 1000 MAD per artist for a maximum of 6 people per group for the duration of the event. (fees reserved exclusively for artists and 1 manager or 1 technician).
- All local transport costs related to the performance
- Passes giving access to concerts and all activities for the whole duration of the event Presence in Visa For Music’s official catalogue and official website.
- Artists will be featured on the VFM official catalogue and website.
- For each selected band, VFM will award one VIP pass to one person representing the band.
Applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Be an artist from the Africa & Middle East
- Only professional artists and bands with one year of activity and stage experience will be considered.
- Only applicants over 18 years old will be considered.
- The material sent must be exempted from customs duties and labeled “promotional material with no commercial value”. If not, VFM will not consider them.
- Results will be published on the VFM website starting from July.
- VFM will not return materials and documents to applicants.
- If a band is selected, VFM will request exclusive performance rights for 30 days and within a 200km radius of the meeting.
- VFM will provide the venue for showcases.
- VFM will provide all the necessary equipment for band performances.
- Bands performances should not exceed 45 minutes and are aimed at music professionals.
To apply for the 5th edition of Visa For Music, you must send all the document listed below. Incomplete applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Completed registration form
- The Visa For Music rules signed
- 2 CDs of the artist / group: either 2 different albums or 2 copies of the same album by post or a wetransfer with all the pieces.
- Press kit (presentation text, biography, discography)
- Technical rider
The sending of the albums and other documents required for your application by mail post to the following address will be highly appreciated:
Visa For Music
No. 3, Imm 2, Soussa Street,
Hassan – Rabat
All applicants should send all the above documents to [email protected] or via WeTransfer or Dropbox.
For more information, visit Visa for Music.