AFRINIC Fellowship to attend Africa Internet Summit 2018 (Fully-funded to Dakar, Senegal)
Deadline: February 18, 2018
Apply now for the AFRINIC Fellowship Program 2018. The Fellowship seeks to create a chain of AFRINIC ambassadors in AFRINIC’s service region and provides opportunities for individuals from African countries who have an interest in Internet operations and governance to participate in AIS’18. The Africa Internet Summit 2018 (AIS’18) holds from April 29 to May 11, 2018 in Dakar, Senegal.
The selected fellow is expected to actively contribute to Internet Number Resource Management awareness in the AFRINIC service region prior, during and after the meeting. He/She is also expected to provide reports on how this fellowship has benefited his/her organisation/country.
The AFRINIC Fellowship program aims to:
- promote AFRINIC’s mission.
- increase awareness around AFRINIC.
- provide an opportunity for fellows to participate to at least one of AFRINIC’s public policy meeting.
- allow the fellow to see the Internet multistakeholder model in action.
- provide an opportunity for fellows to network with experts from around the world on Internet related issues.
- equip attendees with the skills and knowledge to participate in the AFRINIC community. and in the AFRINIC Policy Development Process (PDP).
The fellowship includes;
- Hotel Accommodation (Bed and Breakfast)
- Per Diem
- Full travel cost (air ticket and airport drop off from the airport to the venue)
- Travel insurance
The AFRINIC fellowship is for individuals representing small organisations, universities, and organisation that are actively involved in Internet operations and development or ICT policy in their countries and respective communities. The fellow is expected to positively and actively contribute to Internet number resource management awareness and policy development in the AFRINIC service region.
To qualify for the fellowship, you:
- Must be a resident of an African nation;
- Don’t need to be an AFRINIC member;
- Are involved in the Internet community;
- Are willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your Organisation/country within an agreed time frame.
For more information, visit AFRINIC Fellowship Program.