Deadline: March 20, 2018
Entries are open for the BraunPrize International Competition for Product Design Concepts. The BraunPrize 2018 challenges creative minds to envision design concepts that matter. Our world is becoming increasingly complex – our focus should be on what is essential, on creating truly better solutions and experiences. By taking on global problems or simply improving the quality of individual lives, we want to encourage innovation that can be virtual or physical, scientific or technical, or that changes our behavior for the better.
Awards will go to exceptional ideas and product design concepts – two or three dimensional, including interactive –that offer progress and improvement, that are significant, substantial, and meaningful: design for what matters.
Winners will be announced at the Design Forum which is part of the BraunPrize event. Following the award ceremony, everyone interested in the BraunPrize competition and its outcome is invited to visit the online exhibition.
The total prize money for both categories is $75,000 USD. In addition to the cash prizes, all award winners will receive a trophy and a certificate. The best entries will also be presented in the BraunPrize exhibition and made public in the international press and online.
- 2x $15,000 USD – Gold Award Student and Young Talent
- 2x $10,000 USD – Silver Award Student and Young Talent
- 2x $5,000 USD – Bronze Award Student and Young Talent
- 2x $5,000 USD – Sustainability Award Student and Young Talent
- $5,000 USD – Special mentions (distribution at the discretion of the jury)
- Internship: Chance of an internship at the Braun Design department
To celebrate two anniversaries of the BraunPrize in 2018 – the twentieth award and fifty years of the competition – Braun will offer, in addition to the cash prizes, entrants in the Students category the chance of an internship* at the Braun Design department. (* as soon all P&G requirements are met)
The BraunPrize competition invites design schools, Students and Young Talents to enter innovative product ideas and concepts that really matter.
- They welcome all global submissions from entrants that are 18 years of age or older.
- Entries will be separated into two categories and judged individually:
- Student: product concepts from students who are still studying or (for recent graduates) which were created during the time of study
- Young Talent: product concepts from young designers who have graduated within the last 5 years
- Entries must be product design and/or product interaction concepts that are not yet on the market or in production.
- The focus of the BraunPrize is on product design. Software, interaction or media design will be considered as an integral part of an overall product concept (hardware and software).
- There is no fee for participation.
- Submissions from all countries will be considered.
- Several projects can be submitted per person. However, every concept can only be registered once.
- Individual or team participations are accepted and there is no limit in group size. Please choose one contact person and fill in that person’s data in the registration form. The names of all other team members must be listed in the respective field and all team members will receive equal recognition.
- All P&G and Braun employees or their relatives are excluded from the competition.
- The product concepts submitted should represent innovations in design, technology, sustainability and user experiences.
- The conceptual designs should be developed with user needs in mind. Concepts can address global problems or find simple, ingenious solutions for daily routines.
- Participants are free to choose any subject for their product concept as long as the ideas are significant, substantial, meaningful and connect to the theme: design for what matters.
- The BraunPrize has always been entirely independent of the Braun product range and is not restricted to products from the consumer goods sector.
- Online registration: Participants must first register online and enter general personal and project information. After submitting your data you will receive a confirmation and registration number via email. Once your personal online account has been activated, you can log on and save your documents via upload.
- Online upload: The upload function will save your data directly on a server. All data will be submitted via a secure SSL encrypted connection. Once registered, you will have access to your personal account where uploading is possible.
Click here to submit your application.
For more information, visit BraunPrize.