Apply for the Africa Matters Initiative Ambassadors Program 2018
Deadline: March 5, 2018
The Africa Matters Initiative Ambassadors Program 2018 is open for application. The Africa Matters Initiative is looking for dedicated individuals who are passionate about the African continent, youth empowerment and the future of Africa to take part in a one-year leadership development program.
This program will equip Ambassadors with leadership skills where they will receive training and mentorship, access to high profile events, and dedicated support from the main Africa Matters team. Ambassadors will be receive leadership training and the dedicated support of Africa Matters to launch four of their own self-driven social engagement projects in their country. Ambassadors will also be have a place in the Initiative as AMI moves to open hubs in Rwanda, Kenya, Zimbabwe and Namibia.
AMAP serves as a youth leadership development programme. Ambassadors will serve as brand and community ambassadors for Africa Matters.
The Ambassadors Program take place over a 1 year period. It will include online training, the execution of four projects and formal recognition.
- Online Training: Training will consist of learning about the Africa Matters Initiative Objectives, Strategic Plan and Media and Operations, basic skills and leadership development, women empowerment and social entrepreneurship
- 4x Projects: Ambassadors are required to do a minimum of four projects in their community (workshops, writing and/or school talks) and are encouraged to work with and empower fellow young people
- Pilot recognition: After a successful year of training, leadership development and projects, participants will be awarded with an AMI recognition certificate, motivational letter and will officially be ambassadors of AMI in their respective areas joining the larger core team.
- Open to nationals living in Rwanda, Kenya, Zimbabwe and Namibia;
- Applicants should be between 15 – 35 years of age;
- No formal educational background is required;
- Applicants must be willing to learn and develop new skills, be challenged and to contribute to changing Africa’s narrative in innovative ways.
For more information, visit Africa Matters Initiative Ambassadors Programme.