Ariane de Rothschild Fellowship Program 2018 for Entrepreneurs and Social Innovators
Deadline: March 4, 2018
The Ariane de Rothschild (AdR) Fellowship is open for applications. The AdR Fellowship aims to forge bridges across boundaries between minority communities in Europe and North America, particularly (but not exclusively) Jewish and Muslim. Over time, this is being achieved through building a network of entrepreneurs and community leaders invested in empowering pluralistic societies, nurturing wisdom and collaborative leadership.
Entrepreneur or actor of social innovation? Does your company or organization combine economic efficiency with societal impact? The Ariane de Rothschild Fellowship is for you!
Since its inception in 2009, the AdR Fellowship has been passionately committed to diversity, the promotion of cross-cultural and religious understanding, and the respect for human dignity. In a world where divisive forces polarize people and communities, these values are ever more urgent and vital.
There is already a large amount of interfaith initiatives but little focus addresses interreligious and cross-cultural relations from a social innovation and business-driven perspective. AdRF strongly believes that entrepreneurs and social innovators can make a huge impact on their environment and in bridging to other communities.
The Fellowship is about:
- Business: Doing good while driving revenue and sustainability;
- Differences: They believe they exist and should be respected but should be harnessed to rise above and cross-fertilize;
- What’s sacred: Human dignity;
- Disruption: True transformation can only happen with a level of boldness, discomfort and risk;
- Religion: What divides us can also unite us;
- Program: exploration of business models for social change/ reflection on minority identities and global challenges/ peer-to-peer support;
- What’s in it for you? An incredible opportunity to think, train, collaborate and transform;
- What do we expect from you? Rigor, creativity and commitment.
The Edmond de Rothschild Foundation will pay for and organize your travel arrangements (train & plane) from and to your place of residence. Please note that the Edmond de Rothschild Foundation work exclusively with its affiliated travel agency and will not reimburse any travel expenses which would be organized individually.
- The Fellowship focuses on entrepreneurs from North America and Europe, especially from Jewish and Muslim communities, who demonstrate a proven commitment towards inclusion while at the same time strengthening the sustainability of their organization.
- Applicants must be residents of European Union countries, UK, USA and Canada
- In particular, the Fellowship is looking for applicants:
- who demonstrate convincingly their potential for both economic self-sufficiency and social impact;
- with at least a tested proof of concept or (even better) a solid track-record in developing a socially impactful business in wide-ranging sectors ( housing, food, education, art, health, environment, technology…) ;
- and a commitment to empower under-served communities, reduce isolation and build collaboration with society at large.
- whose organization has been registered and active for at least two years.
- The AdR Fellow is a visionary leader who challenges retrenchment and fear of the Other.
- She/he endeavors to make a real impact through developing innovative solutions and promoting inclusive collaboration.
Based on previous cohort, they have identified the following focus areas:
- Environment & New Technologies
- Social Media
- Community Service
- Creative Arts
- Intercultural / interfaith projects
- Applications open January 1 2018
- Deadline for submission March 4th 2018
- Candidates to be available for video interviews May 4th/5th 2018
- Fellowship residency from July 29th-August 4th 2018
- Please note if you have registered your email before with us you will need to log in with your email and password or register using an alternative email.
For more information, visit ADR Fellowship.