Deadline: March 14, 2018
Are you a passionate user of social media? Are you eager to explore new possibilities and new platforms? Are you able to convey engaging messages tailored for different social media platforms? Do you care about rural development and sustainable food security? If you can answer yes to these questions, CTA can offer you an exciting opportunity to learn and grow professionally in marketing communications.
As part of the CTA’s new digital team, you will be actively engaged in feeding CTA’s social media channels and help the organization use social media widely and effectively. You will work closely with the communications and marketing team to assist in updating and implementing their social media strategy. In addition, you will create and post content, animate discussions and participate in content planning. You will interact with other CTA staff to get content and verify accuracy.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Marketing & Communication Programme Coordinator, intern will be responsible for the following activities:
- Assist in updating and implementing CTA’s social media strategy;
- Assist in social media content planning and be responsible for keeping it updated, in line with the overall online content planning;
- Research influencers, brands and networking opportunities that are strategic for CTA communication objectives;
- Moderate and engage with comments posted on social media keeping in line with CTA’s corporate tone and messages;
- Engage with all incoming messages on all platforms;
- Update CTA’s corporate social media accounts (currently Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram in English and French) and visuals;
- Update YouTube and Vimeo; edit videos and add subtitles;
- Support CTA staff and interns in using social media tools in relation to their activities; propose easy-to-use supporting material;
- Keep track on performance on social media and produce monthly reports;
- Contribute content for blogs, CTA event websites and e-newsletters when required;
- Support the team in quality control of the event calendar.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level;
- Internship stipend (€800 per month for holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 per month for holder of a Master’s degree);
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre;
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
- Open to a national of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States);
- Candidate should have university (or similar institution of higher education) degree in digital communication, marketing or related discipline;
- Should be recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum);
- Have experience in social media;
- Possess strong written communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Have ability to work under pressure with focus and to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent working knowledge of English (both written and oral). Knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours if needed to cover key events in other time zones (e.g. Pacific Islands or Caribbean);
- Interest in and knowledge of international development is also an asset;
- CTA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA’s activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in EUROPASS format, highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position.
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position.
- Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected. A letter of recommendation and/or references will be required.
Qualifying candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Christèle Coutureau, Human Resources Officer. Email address: [email protected]. Please indicate in the subject of the email the title ‘Internship Social Media’. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information, visit CTA Social Media Internship.