Deadline: March 6, 2018
Win up to 50,000 Euros and more in the 2018 European Social Innovation Tournament! The Social Innovation Tournament recognises and supports the best European social entrepreneurs. The tournament is organised in a different country every year to reward and sponsor European entrepreneurs whose primary purpose is to generate a social, ethical or environmental impact. Are you the best European social entrepreneur of the year?
All submitted projects compete for four prizes in a General Category and special Category. Prizes will go to projects focusing on sustainable development, with special emphasis on circular economy. For example, the competing projects can be related to combating unemployment, marginalisation of disadvantaged communities, promoting access to education or health care or ways to employ new technologies, new systems and new processes.
- Winning projects in both categories will be awarded a 1st and 2nd Prize of 50,000 EUR and 20,000 EUR respectively.
- In 2018, the Special Category Prizes will go to projects focusing on sustainable development with special emphasis on circular economy;
- Projects also compete for a residency at IRIS (Incubadora Regional de Inovação Social) and for numerous mentoring vouchers;
- All finalists join the SIT Alumni network and benefit from numerous training opportunities, participation in conferences around Europe, and network with investors, venture philanthropists and foundations who can help their project to scale.
- Open for individuals or teams from (or residing in) the European Union Member States, Candidate and Potential Candidate countries, and EFTA countries that submit proposals to be implemented in one or more such countries.
- Open to young entrepreneurs and social enterprises, non-for-profit and for-profit organisations, as well as private-sector companies, NGOs, government or local government entities, university communities and even student teams.
The tournament runs in two rounds. A selection committee, comprised mainly of EIB Group experts in innovation, the environment, and other relevant disciplines, selects 15 finalists. The finalists are invited to a mentoring bootcamp to provide them with the necessary guidance to finalise their proposals. At the final event, all the finalists have to present and defend their project to a jury of social innovation specialists.
Please read the guidelines before completing the form.
Ensure that the combined size of all attached documents does not exceed 8 megabytes. Only proposals submitted in English or French (Including Annexes) will be accepted; proposals and supporting materials submitted in other languages will not be considered. When your application has been received you will be sent a confirmation email.