Millennial Hub Mentoring Program 2018: Call for Mentors and Mentees (For Nigerians)
Deadline: March 1, 2018
Millennial Hub invites applications for the 1st cohort of its Mentoring Program. Millennial Hub is an online mentoring platform that facilitates mentoring for Nigerian youths (mentees) by mentors from all over the world. Mentees are assigned suitable mentors based on common interests and have a duration of 5 months to interact with each other. The mentoring program aims at empowering Nigerian youths to become more self-driven, chart excellent career paths, develop employable skills, be action-oriented and create a great passion to succeed.
They are confident mentors and mentees will find a balance and succeed together in no time. Their digital solution gives you a unique opportunity of connecting with mentors from all over the world from the comfort of your living room.
Wherever your career aspirations lie – in entrepreneurship, agriculture, economics, teaching, law, medicine, politics, developmental work, you name it, we have a mentor for you! Mentoring program starts 1st April, 2018 and ends 31st August 2018.
- Develop skills needed in your industry.
- Gain better understanding of your industry.
- Gain practical advice and support.
- Become acquainted with professionals in your industry.
- Become part of a network of passionate, goal driven and result oriented young people.
- Honing your leadership and talent management skills
Mentoring someone just coming up the ranks of career development is a great opportunity to inspire and instil passion. You continuously get the chance to effectively communicate your experience to someone and polish them in becoming a poster young professional anyone in the industry will love to hire.
- Increasing your social impact by giving back to your community
By sharing your skills and experience you have garnered through the years to a young person, you are immensely supporting them to develop positively. You become part of a community that supports each other in achieving their goals.
- Adding diversity to your professional network
Young people bring new energy and insight to any industry. It pays to network with young people in order to get their perspective on how they see the type of work you are engaged in. They become valuable source of a different type of knowledge to both you and your network.
- Be a shaper bringing about the change we wish to see in Nigeria
Nigeria needs her youths to be properly mentored in becoming the Nigeria we all dream about. Competent, innovative, dynamic and trustworthy. You become part of this change by shaping young Nigerians to become the best they could possibly be.
- Letter of Commendation
At the end of your 5 month commitment, we will surely come back to you with an e-certificate acknowledging your huge role in mentoring one young Nigerian in achieving his/her dreams. Wouldn’t you want to be part of their success?
Criteria for Selecting Mentors
- At least 5 years of professional experience in his/her field.
- Can invest 2 hours a month to communicate with the mentee.
- Can mentor at least one person within 5 months.
Criteria for Selecting Mentees
- Holds a university or polytechnic degree.
- Can invest at least four hours a month to personal development with minimum of two hours of interaction with their mentor.
- Is between the ages of 18 and 33.
Is from Nigeria.
For more information, visit Millennial Hub.