Deadline: April 6, 2018
The 2018 round of the Australia – APEC Women in Research Fellowship is now open. The Fellowship will provide financial support for high-achieving female researchers from developing APEC economies to pursue research opportunities in partnership with Australian education and research institutions.
This fellowship aims to encourage the mobility of post-doctorate female researchers from the APEC region. It is designed to assist with the particular challenges female researchers face in undertaking cross-border research activities such as lack of flexibility and extra financial support for child care.
Each year up to ten fellowships will be awarded to facilitate a research project of between one and four months. Within the pool of successful recipients, two fellowships will be offered to early career researchers with less than five years’ of professional research experience.
All recipients will receive:
- Travel allowance: AU$3,000 for Asian economies and AU$4,500 for South American economies
- Establishment allowance: AU$2,000
- Monthly stipend: AU$3,000
- Monthly family allowance AU$1,200 if applicable
To be eligible to receive the fellowship, applicants must:
- Be a female citizen or permanent resident of one of the following eligible APEC economies: Chile, People’s Republic of China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Peru, the Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam;
- Not be an Australian permanent resident;
- Have a PhD degree (conferred by April 1, 2018);
- Be available to commence proposed program between July 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018;
- Provide all relevant supporting documentation in English;
- Obtain a nomination agreement with an Australian academic institution and/or organisation;
- Not be undertaking research or training that leads to a formal qualification between 1 July 2018 and 31 December 2018.
The following are the selection criteria and their relative weighting:
- A record of high-level academic achievement and research experience relative to opportunity in the applicant’s chosen field of study (30%)
- A well-defined research program with anticipated outcomes (40%)
- Statement on how the international research would further the applicant’s academic and/or professional career (15%)
- Statement on how the international research opportunity will benefit Australia and the applicant’s potential to foster ongoing collaboration and cooperation between Australian and their home economy (15%)
To apply for the fellowship, send the following documents to [email protected]
- Completed Application Form
- Completed Applicant Sponsor Form
- A copy of citizenship or permanent residency
- Academic transcripts
- 2 x Referee reports
- Evidence of support and language suitability from host. This can be in the form of a letter signed by the host, supporting your language suitability.
- Research CV and list of publications
For more information, see FAQs or visit Australia – APEC Women in Research Fellowship.