Deadline: April 15, 2018
Applications for the New York On Tech’s 2018 – 2019 Tech Flex Leaders Program are now open! The Tech Flex Leaders Program is an immersive out-of-school time program for juniors and seniors enrolled in a NYC high school. This coding and internship program embeds weekly computer science and technology classes at local companies, offers mentorship with industry professionals and provides access to professional opportunities.
The program offers students access to weekly technology classes, mentorship with technology professionals and access to professional opportunities across NYC technology companies like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more! Students selected are uniquely positioned to develop a portfolio of technology projects that illustrate a fundamental understanding of front and back-end web development.
Additional benefits include:
- Access to college / university partnerships
- Extra-curriculars to enhance your admissions credentials
- Access to professional internship opportunities and tech mentors
- A network of friends from different high schools across the city
Applicants for our 2018 – 2019 cohort must:
- Be a current sophomore or junior in a NYC high school at the time of application
- Be a junior or senior in a NYC high school by September 2018
- Be interested in careers in computer science / technology
- Be available for workshops after school or on weekends once per week during the 2018 – 2019 school year
- Be eligible for free or reduced price lunch
- Demonstrate dedication, passion and leadership
- Interested candidates fill out an application online.
- NYOT reviews submitted applications.
- NYOT invites candidates to participate in interview day.
- NYOT makes a decision to invite students to the Tech Flex Leaders program.
- Tech Flex Leaders commit to joining for the following academic year.
For more information, visit Tech Flex Leaders Program.