Emerging Public Leaders of Ghana Fellowship Program 2018
Deadline: March 11, 2018
Applications are open for the Emerging Public Leaders of Ghana Fellowship Program. The Emerging Public Leaders of Ghana (EPL Ghana) Fellowship is an innovative, two-year leadership program that prepares young Ghanaian leaders to make meaningful contributions to Ghana’s economic development through public service. It aims to develop Fellows’ ability to provide creative solutions to addressing issues affecting Ghana.
EPL Ghana aims aim to build our Fellows’ ability to develop creative solutions to address issues affecting Ghana through providing: ongoing support through a combination of professional training sessions, immersion excursion trips, mentorship and supervision, and access to career development resources. Completion of the first-year of the EPL Ghana Fellowship also fulfills the mandatory National Service Scheme (NSS) requirements.
Fellows will receive a monthly stipend. The first year of the fellowship will be funded by Ghana’s National Service Scheme.
EPL Ghana is for young leaders who have demonstrated clear interest in and commitment to their local communities and Ghana.
To apply, applicants should have a mix of the following criteria:
- Ghanaian nationals with no criminal history entering the NSS
- On track to complete or have a 2:1 or 1st class undergraduate degree or above
- Commitment to public service & demonstrated leadership potential
- Track record for community involvement and a passion for Ghana
- Strong written & verbal English skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced professional working environment
- Current CV/Resume
- 2 recent passport-sized photos
- 2 letters of recommendation (one academic & one personal)
- 2 essays:
- Describe your interest in the Civil Service and how being selected as an Emerging Public Leaders (EPL) fellow fits into your personal and professional goals?
- Describe a situation when you demonstrated initiative and leadership.
Note: Candidates who are shortlisted for first-round interviews are required to bring a copy of their most recent transcript and police clearance. Candidates who successfully reach the final round will be given a conditional offer based on their police clearance and final transcript.
Candidates can email [email protected] with questions.
For more information, visit EPL Ghana.