UNESCO/APCEIU Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED 2018 – Seoul, Republic of Korea (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 25, 2018
Applications are open for the 4th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED. The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 4th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 20 to 26 May 2018 in Seoul, Republic of Korea. Travel expenses and Workshop fees will be covered by APCEIU for the selected participants.
The one-week Workshop aims to build capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7, and to carry out innovative initiatives on fostering global citizenship through advocacy. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
During the Workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels. Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED and youth advocacy through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will make a field visit to DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) area to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
APCEIU will provide accommodations, meals and local transportation for all participants during the workshop. APCEIU will also cover the round-trip international airfare to and from Seoul, Korea, for those selected as fully-funded participants.
- Participants are responsible for domestic travel expenses to and from the international airport in their countries and Korean visa application fees.
- Only travel insurance during the workshop will be covered by APCEIU. If participants require or wish to have health insurance during that period, all expenses should be borne individually.
50~60 youth leaders/activists actively engaged in GCED
- 50 fully-funded participants from open application ※ Applicants only from Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries will be eligible for the open application. Please refer to the Annex for the list of ODA recipient countries.
- Up to 10 self-sponsored participants (funded by affiliated organizations or by themselves)
Participants will be selected on the basis of their previous experiences, present engagement and future commitment in educating and engaging with youth for the promotion of global citizenship at the local and national levels.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Between 18 and 24 years of age
- Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries
- Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities
- Knowledgeable in GCED related issues and priorities
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
Application for the 4th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED must be submitted before 25 March 2018 (KST 23:59). Successful applicants will be notified by 6 April 2018.
Before continuing your application, please have in mind that you will have to:
- Complete [Part 1] Personal Information (will take between 2 – 5 minutes)
- Information on Past and Current Activities (will take between 20 and 30 minutes)
- Provide the link of 1-minute video (can be uploaded via Youtube, Facebook, Instagram or other easily accessible platform) to answer one of the provided questions on GCED.
- Before March 25th of 2018, send a letter of reference endorsed by the personnel from affiliated institutions or organizations (Ex. professors from universities, supervisors from work places etc.) to [email protected]. This will not need to be completed at the exact same time that you submit your application, but must be sent before the application deadline.
Complete the online application.
For more information, visit APCEIU Workshop on GCED.