Deadline: March 16 and April 23, 2018
Applications for the 11th Clinton Global Initiative University – CGI U is now open. Hosted by President Clinton and Chelsea Clinton, the 11th annual CGI U meeting will take place October 19-21, 2018 at the University of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois. Through the CGI University Network and other opportunities, over $750,000 in funding will be available to select CGI U 2018 students to help them turn their ideas into action.
Building on the successful model of the Clinton Global Initiative, President Clinton launched the Clinton Global Initiative University (CGI U) in 2007 to engage the next generation of leaders on college campuses around the world. Each year, CGI U hosts a meeting where students, university representatives, topic experts, and celebrities come together to discuss and develop innovative solutions to pressing global challenges.
Students create their own Commitments to Action that address issues on campus, in local communities, or around the world. Since 2008, students have made more than 6,250 commitments, and nearly $3 million in funding has been awarded to these commitment-makers through CGI U.
The meeting is free to attend, but you are responsible for your travel and lodging expenses. You may also be eligible to receive funding for your commitment through the CGI University Network.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and currently enrolled in an institution of higher education at the time of application. (Ex: A student graduating in the Spring of 2018 would be eligible to apply.)
- Students who will be at least 18 years of age and enrolled in an institution of higher education by October 2018 are also eligible to apply. (Ex: A high school senior who turns 18 years of age in June 2018 and commences university studies by October 2018 or a university graduate enrolling in an advanced degree program by October 2018 would also be eligible to apply.)
- To be considered for admission, all applicants are required to design a Commitment to Action in one of CGI U’s five focus areas: Education, Environment and Climate Change, Peace and Human Rights, Poverty Alleviation, and Public Health.
- The Early Decision and Travel Assistance deadline is 11:59 PM on March 16, 2018.
- The Regular Decision deadline is 11:59 PM on April 23, 2018.
All applicants will be notified of the status of their application in May 2018.
Fill out this nomination form and their team will email the nominee directly with instructions on how to apply.
For more information, visit Clinton Global Initiative University.