Deadline: March 18, 2018
Applications are invited for the CTA Administrative & Communications Support Internship 2018. CTA is looking for highly motivated and result-oriented interns to support the Agribusiness team. Central to achieving CTA’s mission are CTA’s valued partnerships with ACP national and regional bodies. CTA also works with a wide network of ACP-EU public and private sector bodies as well as international organisations around the world.
One of CTA’s three strategic goals is to support priority agricultural value chains in ACP regions that contribute to food and nutritional security and poverty reduction. In addition, CTA is also implementing projects on Market Information Systems (MIS) and Value Chain Finance.
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Agribusiness team members, the intern will assist in the following activities:
- Preparation of meetings, taking notes;
- Logistical and administrative support to event organisation;
- Communications support around events/workshops, manning stands;
- Animation of Twitter account and web spaces;
- Editing of basic reports;
- Identification of fundraising opportunities;
- Contribution to proposal writing: track calls for proposals, analyse technical and legal requirements, etc;
- Provision of basic inputs for the editing and production of publications;
- Drafting press releases, articles and activity reports.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level;
- Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for the holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 per month for the holder of a Master’s degree);
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre;
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
- Applicant should be a national of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States);
- Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum);
- Bachelor degree from a university or similar institution of higher education in agricultural economics, business administration, finance or other disciplines relevant to the duties to perform;
- Have knowledge of key agribusiness issues;
- Have excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Some experience in project management or administrative work would be a plus;
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and satisfactory command of the other language;
- Keen interest in agricultural and rural development issues in developing countries is an advantage;
- CTA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
List of ACP Countries
Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, Cape Verde, Comoros, Bahamas, Barbados, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Cook Islands, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Republic of Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Tanzania, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Qualifying candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Christèle Coutureau, Human Resources Officer via [email protected]. Please indicate in the ‘Subject‘ of the email the title ‘Internship Agribusiness – Admin & Com Support (Profile 1)’.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA’s activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in the EUROPASS format, highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position;
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- A letter of recommendation and/or references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information, visit CTA Internships.