Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships 2018 at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Deadline: March 25, 2018
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is offering up to four Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships to students accepted onto the 2018-19 MSc Global Mental Health programme. The Janssen Global Mental Health Scholarship Fund was launched in 2012 through a generous donation from Janssen Pharmaceutica (part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies). To date, 18 students registered on the MSc Global Mental Health have benefited as a result of the scholarships.
About the Course
The MSc Global Mental Health course is a joint programme provided by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London (KCL). The programme of study aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to initiate, develop and oversee mental health programmes and/or policies in low-resource settings, as well as to conduct and critically evaluate research on global mental health. These skills and knowledge will make it possible for students to make valuable contributions in the domains of research, policy and practice as they relate to the discipline of global mental health.
Each scholarship will cover full tuition fees, a stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,730.00 and an allowance of GBP 500.00 for MSc project expenses.
- Applicants must be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries:
- Rwanda; Ghana; Kenya; Nigeria; South Africa; Thailand; Indonesia; Philippines; Vietnam; Peru; Nicaragua. Applicants from other countries will not be considered for these scholarships.
- Applicants for this funding must hold an offer of admission to the MSc Global Mental Health commencing in 2018.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries must meet the minimum English Language Requirements if shortlisted for this funding. Applicants who have been short-listed for this funding will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency within 6 weeks of notification for their scholarship application to be considered any further. A copy of the relevant paperwork must be submitted to the Scholarships Team at LSHTM.
To apply for this funding applicants must submit:
- an application for study for the MSc Global Mental Health programme through the King’s College London online application portal,
a Scholarship Application, via the School’s Online Scholarship Application, indicating that you are applying for the 2018-19 J&J GMH Scholarship. As part of this application you should upload a completed J&J GMH Supplementary Questions sheet by the scholarship deadline.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The deadline for applications is midnight (GMT) on Sunday 25 March 2018.
- Notification of the results of short-listing stage and invitations for an interview will be made by Thursday 24 May 2018 at the latest.
- Notification of final result of your application will be made by Thursday 31 May 2018.
For more information, visit Johnson & Johnson Scholarships