Deadline: April 3, 2018
The Call for Applications for the 2018 SEED Low Carbon Awards are open. SEED has launched the 2018 SEED Low Carbon Awards for innovative eco-inclusive start-up enterprises that aim to generate environmental, social and economic benefits at the local level.
Up to five 2018 SEED Low Carbon Awards are sponsored by the International Climate Initiative (ICI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB). All winners will receive a package of tailored support services consisting of capactiy building, tools, profiling, network building and financing up to USD 5,000.
The SEED Awards for Entrepreneurship in Sustainable Development is an annual awards scheme designed to find the most promising, innovative and locally led start-up eco-inclusive enterprises in countries with developing and emerging economies. The independent SEED International Jury of experts selects enterprises which have the potential to make real improvements in poverty eradication and environmental sustainability while contributing to a greener economy.
No two enterprises are the same, either internally or as regards to their operating environment. SEED offers each SEED Award Winner a customised support package consisting of tools, capacity building, profiling and network building, all tailored to their individual needs. Details of the four components of the SEED Support are:
- Capacity Building: tailored one-on-one advisory service that offers Winners assistance with their business and financial plan, including a 3-day Business Planning Workshop and three month support from a local expert advisor.
- Tools: self-help tools that enable enterprises prioritise and address their most urgent needs, for example by assisting with market analysis, developing a funding strategy, mapping stakeholder relationships or measuring impact.
- Profiling: SEED Winners are profiled nationally and regionally through a high-level Awards Ceremony as well as internationally through SEED marketing and promotional activities such as our website, blog and social media channels.
- Network Building: SEED facilitates connections with valuable contacts to support organisations, such as with funders, policy-makers, and other enterprises such as SEED Alumni, and SEED Partners and Associates.
- Financing: Financial contribution of USD 5,000 to cover the enterprise’s most pressing needs, as set out in a support plan agreed between the winner and SEED.
- SEED is looking for the most promising, innovative and locally led start-up eco-inclusive enterprises
- that are making significant contributions to mitigating and/or adapting to climate change.
- Applicants should come from Colombia, India, Tanzania, Thailand and Uganda
SEED Award Winners must:
- demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation
- deliver economic, social and environmental benefits
- have the intention and potential to become financially sustainable
- be a partnership between different stakeholder groups
- be locally-driven or locally-led
- have potential for scale up or significant replication
- be in the early stages of implementation
- meet country-specific requirements
Candidates can apply until 03 April 2018, 23:59 Central European Time (CET).
For more information, visit SEED Low Carbon Awards.