Deadline: May 22, 2018
The African Union Commission, with the support of the European Union, has launched the 2018 Open Call for Proposals of the 2nd Phase of the African Union Research Grant. This call for proposal supports Africa’s Science Technology and Innovation Strategy-2024 which addresses the aspirations identified under Agenda 2063 and Priority 3 on Human development of the EU-Africa partnership.
The call supports research on: Food, Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture (FNSSA) with particular attention on Agriculture and Food Systems for Nutrition.
The African Union Research Grant (AURG) is one of the programmes initiated within the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology (DHRST) to support a Pan African research and development through grants and direct funding. The programme provides the needed opportunity to use Science and Technology (S&T) as a tool for sustainable development, building and strengthening Africa’s S&T capacities.
- The overall indicative amount made available under this grant programme is USD 9,000,000 for research actions that seek to address Agriculture and food systems for nutrition, within the broader theme of Food, Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture (FNSSA).
- Applicants must be legal persons;
- Be nationals of African Union Member States, EU Member States;
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with their partners, not acting as an intermediary;
- Be registered locally in (or have a memorandum of understanding in relevant research areas, with) an eligible African country prior to the publication of this call for proposals;
- Have at least a three-year record in the formulation and/or implementation of research activities in Africa for which they will have to provide the relevant legal documents;
- Be able to demonstrate their experience and capacity to manage activities corresponding in scale and complexity to those for which a grant has been requested;
- Have stable and sufficient sources of finance to ensure the continuity of their organisation throughout the implementation of the proposed action.
For eligibility of partners, eligible actions and eligibility of costs, click here!
For more information, visit African Union Research Grants.