Deadline: March 26, 2018
Are you an 18-26 year old passionate about creating social change? They you can apply to Drivers for Change to travel the U.K. & visit community organisers, artists and entrepreneurs that are already driving place-based change. They are looking for 100 creative and/or entrepreneurial young people to take part in the first ever Drivers for Change journey in June 2018. 80 applicants will come from the UK, and 20 will come from overseas with the help of the British Council.
Drivers for Change is a unique 11-day journey to inspire 100 young leaders to be creative and entrepreneurial, and to take ownership of driving change in their communities. The journey will depart this June and visit 8 locations around the UK. The aim of the project is to create a dynamic and diverse network of young leaders, who are inspired and equipped with the tools needed to drive change in their communities.
Drivers for Change is a registered charity (294898).
They will visit 8 locations in England, Scotland and Wales across 11 days this June. At each location we will meet inspiring role models who are already working to make their communities thrive. These inspirational visits will be coupledwith an intensive leadership and enterprise skills programme.
During the journey, the 100 young creative and entrepreneurial participants will exchange ideas and skills – supporting each other to fulfil their potential and become a network of dynamic and diverse drivers for change.
11 Days, 8 Locations
- Port Talbot
- Applicants should be ideally 18-26 years old this June, hungry to learn and motivated to create change.
- 80 applicants that are currently living in the UK
- 20 will come from overseas with the help of the British Council.
- Successful applicants will be ambitious, creative and entrepreneurial, with a passion for community led change.
Applicants should be
- Enthusiastic and passionate young people with demonstrable experience of social action.
- Creative and/or entrepreneurial.
- Want to make a difference in the world but need improved networks, skills and focus to achieve their potential impact.
Applications to join the first ever Drivers for Change journey are open until 26 March.
Recruitment of the 20 overseas participants will be led by British Council and will be limited to the following countries: Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan, South Africa and Brazil.
If you are from one of this countries and would like to know more about the places being sponsored by British Council please contact Gemma: [email protected].
For more information, visit Drivers for Change.