Women Deliver 2019 Conference Scholarship Program (Fully-funded to Vancouver, Canada)
Deadline: April 19, 2018
Women Deliver is offering scholarships for more people to attend the 2019 Conference from 3-6 June in Vancouver, Canada. The Women Deliver Conference is the world’s largest conference on gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women. From keynotes to social enterprise pitches, workshops to film festivals, there will be countless opportunities to engage, gather inspiration, and build a more gender equal world.
Everyone deserves a seat at the table. Women Deliver is committed to making their conferences accessible to people across all geographies, ages, and backgrounds.
The scholarship program provides financial assistance to people who would otherwise be unable to cover the cost of attendance. It is opened to individuals of any age, but preference will be given to applicants from low- and middle-income countries and/or vulnerable populations who are working to advance gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women—including sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The scholarship covers:
- Registration Fee
- Ground Transportation (days of conference only)
- Economy Airfare
- Per Diem (days of conference only)
- Visa Reimbursement
- Hotel Accommodation (days of conference only)
- Health Insurance
Scholarship selection is based on a non-biased scoring system, performed by an independent Scholarship Review Committee. Only a limited number of scholarships are available and applicants are strongly encouraged to seek other/additional funding sources.
A limited number of scholarships will also be awarded to media representatives this fall.
Media scholarship applicants will be asked to provide media accreditation and supporting documents such as work samples and a letter from their editor.
- Open to advocates of all geographies, ages, and backgrounds.
Upon acceptance, scholarship recipients must be willing to complete the following commitments.
- Participate in the online communication and advocacy boot-camp in winter or spring of 2019
- Hold at least one policy dialogue post-conference in home country
- Secure visa at least 3 months prior to the conference (Canada allows applications 6 months prior to the event)
- Participate fully in the conference (on-site attendance for the full duration)
- Respond promptly to requests for information from the organizers
Applications will only be open for 6 weeks and winners will be announced in September of 2018.
For more information, visit Women Deliver.