UN OCHA Centre for Humanitarian Data Fellows Programme 2018 in the Hague, Netherlands (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Do you want to help connect people and data to improve lives? Apply for the UN OCHA Centre for Humanitarian Data Fellows Programme 2018. Through this programme, Fellows will come together to design and deliver targeted projects that contribute to the overall goals of the Centre of Humanitarian Data.
The 2018 Fellows will focus on four areas where the Centre is seeking new perspectives, insights and partnerships including Data Science, Data Storytelling, Predictive Analytics, and User Experience Research. The Fellowship programme will be residential, with Fellows living and working in The Hague under the direction of the Data Fellows Programme Coordinator and with support from the entire Centre team.
- Fellows will receive a lump sum amount to cover travel and living expenses during the two-month term.
- Open to individuals who are self-motivated and can thrive in an international, multidisciplinary environment. The right candidate has the specific skills required for the focus area and has an overriding passion for data and humanitarian response;
- He or she should be able to work to short deadlines and enjoy collaborating and working as part of a team;
- Candidates that challenge assumptions and bring in new perspectives are welcome;
- The Data Science Fellow should have an undergraduate degree with at least two year of relevant experience. Candidates currently enrolled in a graduate programme are encouraged to apply;
- The Data Storytelling, Predictive Analytics and User Experience Research Fellows should have an undergraduate degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience or a graduate degree with 3 years of relevant experience. Candidates with more experience are encouraged to apply.
Applications for the fellowship are being processed through UNOPS, the Centre’s implementing partner. Please follow the instructions in the job posting links below. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interviews. Final selection for the Fellows will be made by the end of April.
For more information, visit Centre for HumData’s Data Fellows Programme.