Deadline: April 30, 2018
Are you an ambitious South African female entrepreneur and leader in bioscience-based business who would like to grow your business through an accelerator programme and gain regional exposure and access to international markets? The African Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) and SANBio are inviting you to apply for the FemBioBiz Accelerator Programme 2018.
AWIEF connects emerging with established women entrepreneurs and works to equip young and next generation female entrepreneurs with the tools to succeed. They provide valuable business capacity development and skills support programmes, resources and connections. They facilitate and support Africa women-owned and women-led business start-ups, growth and scaling-up. FemBioBiz is funded by NEPAD SANBio with the support of BioFISA II, a Finnish-Southern African Partnership Programme to strengthen the SANBio network.
- Prizes include cash grants, mentoring support and an opportunity to attend Europe’s biggest start-up event in Finland – Slush!
The programme will target South African female entrepreneurs with a business involving biotechnologies and other technologies in health or nutrition under the following categories:
- Innovative businesses – Entrepreneurs whose business is based on an innovative biotechnology or other technologies that impact health and nutrition;
- Growth businesses – Bioentrepreneurs whose business is at minimum R 500 000 and are looking at growing their business twice as much within a year;
- Social enterprises – Private biobusinesses or bioenterprises with impact targeting the base or bottom of the pyramid (BoP);
- Female students in tertiary institutions – .
For more information, visit FemBioBiz Accelerator Programme.