Apply to join the European Youth Press Middle East and North Africa Committee!
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Are you interested in media, youth empowerment and storytelling? Are you based in or interested in the Middle East and North Africa? Do you want to build a network and work on projects connecting young media makers from Europe and the MENA region? Then work with them! They are looking for new voluntary members to strengthen their team!
The Middle East and North Africa Committee (MENAC) is a working committee of the European Youth Press. As a committee they focus on promoting intercultural dialogue and learning, building networks and partnerships to improve the contextual understanding between Europe, the Middle East and North Africa by bringing together young media makers from their respective regions.
By doing this, they hope to challenge dominant perspectives and dismantle prejudice between these regions and create a better understanding of all complexities involved.
They are looking for 2-4 new team members with different interests and background:
- Project management: Writing project proposals, budget calculation and looking for funding application. Organising trainings and logistics.
- Networking: Building sustainable partnerships with non-profit organisations and different media channels through Europe and the MENA region.
- Storytelling and communication: Knowing how to build a (multimedia) story and how to bring it to their followers. Writing newsletters, managing their social media accounts. Look for and share in-depth stories on the MENA region and possible contributors to their own news site and blog.
They offer you
- valuable international experience in project management
- to share your work and stories to a larger audience
- work in a culturally diverse team
- an open and creative work environment where you can bring your own ideas and suggestions
- the opportunity to build a network
- the opportunity to take part in conferences and trainings on behalf of MENAC and the EYP network
They welcome applicants of any ethnicity, religion or gender from Europe and the MENA region. Everyone is welcome to apply, but currently they are hoping to diversify their team with more members from the MENA region.
- lived/worked in the MENA region or a strong academic background of it
- have experience in journalism/media and/or NGO work
- speak and write English fluently, knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset
- are able to commit at least 5 hours per week to the committee for a longer period of time on a voluntary basis
- are aged between 20-35
If you would like to be part of their team please send your CV and a concise motivation letter to [email protected] until 31st of March 23:59 CET.
Please address in your motivation letter why you would like to become a part of MENAC and which tasks you would prefer to focus on.
For more information, visit MENA Committee.