Deadline: March 26, 208
The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe is accepting applications for the 8th Global Education Training Course for Youth Multipliers. The new edition for the course it will take place in Cascais (Portugal) from 16-21 April 2018, in the framework of Cascais 2018 European Youth Capital.
The training course promoted in the framework of the iLegend project aims at empowering representatives of youth organisations and youth multipliers with a series of competences and tools to promote Global Development Education and to further develop their work on human rights, intercultural dialogue and democratic citizenship following the North-South Centre Global Education guidelines.
The training course has two main aims:
- to empower young people to further support the practice of GDE based on North-South Centre GE methodology;
- to provide youth multipliers with a series of competences and tools to promote and disseminate principles of GDE to other young people.
The course will gather 30 representatives of youth organisation/platform or youth-related institutions from Council of Europe Member States and the Southern Mediterranean countries. After the conclusion of the course the participants will act as youth multipliers by developing follow-up initiatives with the support of their sending organization.
Arrivals are expected on 16th September and departures on 21st April 2018
- The North-South Centre will issue pre-paid flight round-trip tickets from the country of residence to Lisbon (Portugal).
- Transfers from and to the airport/train station to the training venue will be ensured by Cascais Municipality.
- It is expected that participants/supporting organisations assume expenses related to local transport in the home country, as well as visa costs.
- Please look for information regarding health and visa needs that you might have to attend the activity.
- The board and lodging for the full duration of the training course is covered.
- Participants will be accommodated in double rooms.
Candidates will be considered for the selection phase on the basis of the following eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
- are citizens of one of the 47 Council of Europe Member States1 or of the Southern Mediterranean Countries (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and Turkey);
- are aged 18-30 years;
- are able to fluently communicate in English;
- are supported by an organization which has youth as main target group and which will support the candidates in the follow-up phase.
Candidates selected on the basis of the above eligibility criteria will then be evaluated according to the following selection criteria, which must be clearly specified in the candidate’s application form:
- play an active role within a youth organisation/platform or youth-related institution and plan to continue this work in the near future;
- have already some experience as trainers, youth worker or youth leader;
- have basic knowledge of project work, project cycle management and international youth cooperation;
- have background knowledge in terms of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), human rights and intercultural dialogue and youth-related policies;
- are committed to act as youth multipliers after the conclusion of the course by developing a follow-up initiative with the support of his/her sending organisation/platform/institution
Complete the online application form.
For more information, visit North-South Centre.